vi. FAMILY VIDEO

CHAPTER SIX
006. family video
9 TO 5 - DOLLY
PARTON

 family video9 TO 5 - DOLLYPARTON

"DUDE, LET IT GO. The girl is hot, but the whole mean girl vibe totally throws her off." Steve dismissed, placing another video tape back on the store's shelf.

His brown hair was perfectly maintained compared to his Family Video uniform, which compiled of exactly one thing. His green fleece was undone to show his button up shirt, with a name badge hanging slightly askew beside the logo of the store in the centre of Hawkins. His shirt was rather smart, and accompanied his best friend's forest green family video blazer well. She wore her designated uniform with a button up shirt under it too - her's was more oversized and decorated with a cheap tie - and yet, it looked entirely more in her style.

There was something about the clothes that just fit with Robin, who had spent the morning making every single activity in the shop a two person job. Even a quick restock.

They came as a package deal nowadays, for obvious reasons. One, was the chaotic thoughts which plagued Robin if she was left alone for too long, that she often disposed of in front of Harrington ( who rarely had a complete thought in his head ). They were the perfect yin and yang in a lot of ways; mostly, it consisted of Robin's overactivity and Steve's lack of any activity at all that created a beautiful middle ground. Occasionally however, the two would form a miraculous switch, when Steve was the only one who seemed to see sense out of the two.

"I know. I just feel sorry for her; she lost her best friend and doesn't even know the real reason why. No wonder she's a bitch" Robin liked to wave her hands around as she spoke.

She was rather awkward in movement. While she was often found moving some limb, it wasn't ever in an elegant way. Her haircut, that sat just above her shoulders, often got caught in the crossfire of her long limbs as she tried to articulate her thoughts with movement. Steve mentioned once that she would've made a great interpretive dancer, before Robin hit him with the coordination of a baby deer.

"The others got over it. She had no right to talk to you like that, especially when you were about to confess to Vickie."

Steve didn't like to talk with his hands, but found help in his overactive facial expressions. This time his lips pulled into a gentle frown as his eyebrows fell into their usual dopey line; if Robin was a baby deer, then Steve was a puppy.

"Steve...we both know I wasn't going to do that." Robin was quick to defend Adelade, to the surprise and irritation of Steve.

"She saw us in the band stand, and came to chew me and Vickie out. And like, yeah she was a total bitch about it, but... "

Robin trailed off, finding a middle ground between a smile and grimace.

"...She's passionate about the people she loves. That's a good sign, right? Whats the difference between that and ... I don't know ... you letting Henderson walk all over you?"