︰✿࿓﹒chapter one

glimpse of uschapter one( lowercase intended )

glimpse of us
chapter one
( lowercase intended )

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦  CHRIS sighed softly as he sat on his bed. his head in his hands as he thought long and hard about god knows what. he softly looked up at the clock that hung on his wall. four-thirty-two am. the boy softly ran a hand through his hair.

he needed sleep. he desperately needed sleep, but he couldn't get any. thoughts of her clouded his mind, forcing him to stay awake although it was a struggle to not close his eyes.

he almost wanted cry from the lack of sleep he had over these past few days. he doesn't know what suddenly caused all of these thoughts to plague his mind. he was in a happy relationship, why was his ex the only thing he saw most of the time?

groaning, he threw the blanket that was somewhat draped over his legs, off. both of his hands pressed onto the bed at each side of him. the force, helping him get onto his feet. he quietly made his way out of his room, scared to wake his parents, or his brothers.

the only sound was his feet softly hitting the floor as he went down the steps and into the kitchen. his stomach was hurting, he needed to eat something, maybe it could somehow distract him from his thoughts.

it didn't though. eating something just made it prone to think about her even more.

chris threw away the small amount of chips he couldn't eat and went back up the stairs. he almost felt like crying. the boy made his way to his room and shut the door behind him. fortunately for him, as soon as his head hit his pillow, he passed out.

 fortunately for him, as soon as his head hit his pillow, he passed out

the light had been shining brightly on chris's face. it was roughly ten-thirty am, thankfully none of his brothers woke him up. though, someone did.

"chris, wake up" she said, poking his cheek. the boy groaned, stirring in his sleep. the girl that came to wake him up, poked him again.

"wake up, love" she said.

chris groaned again and stretched his arms out before opening his eyes to see the girl in front of him. natalia. he hated to admit it but, he wished it was dakota instead.

"good morning" the blonde said. she then pushed a few pieces of hair out of the boy's face.

"morning" he responded, his voice held a slight rasp.

natalia smiled. "how'd you sleep?" she asked.

like shit.

"fine" he lied with a small smile on his face as he sat up.

his cheeks were slightly rosy. natalia noticed that. his cheeks get the slightest tint of pink when he tells a small lie. she knows this after being with him for just four months.

natalia frowned slightly before setting her bag onto the floor. the girl then grabbed her boyfriend's hand and tried to pull him up, to which he unwillingly did.

"you need to get up love, we have a big day today" natalia said.

"what do we have to do that's so important?" the boy asked.

"we have to go shopping, remember?" natalia frowned. "for what?" chris asked, still confused.

natalia sighed, "nick is throwing a party remember? for his friend— her name is vanessa"

chris's eyes slightly widened. if its what he thinks it is— vanessa's seventeenth birthday party— then dakota is one hundred percent going to be there.

that's not good.

nick held the phone up to his ear

"please come kota, forget about chris, just please come for me and vanessa" he said, begging the girl over the phone.

"maybe nick" her soft voice said. "it still hurts thinking about him, and knowing he has a girlfriend too, i don't want to go through even more pain because I have to watch them be constantly lovey dovey with each other" dakota stated.

nick sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"i get that, i really do, but i miss you and so does matt. i don't care what chris thinks about you being there. plus, this is your cousins birthday, please just think about it"

he could hear dakota sigh over the phone.

"ill think about it" she said.

"thank you" nick responded, he then hung up. he placed his phone on the counter. matt sat on the counter with vanessa.

"so?" matt said.

"she said she will think about it" nick told them.

vanessa groaned. "i really wish chris wasn't such a dick to her when they broke up"

"you and me both, vanny" nick stated. he walked over to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle out of it.

"he also refused to be her friend afterwards? asshole alert" vanessa added. matt chuckled.

"i love chris, obviously i do, but he was stupid for what he did"

"you could say that again."