˚⊹🪵ଓ﹕‧₊˚⤾ chapter two

glimpse of uschapter two( lowercase intended )

glimpse of us
chapter two
( lowercase intended )

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦ DAKOTA stood in front of her long vanity. she stared at herself through the large mirror, picking away at the smallest of flaws as she anxiously waited to hear a knock or the doorbell ring.

dakota brought a hand up to her mouth, biting nervously onto her nails. she was to —after six months— come face to face with her ex's two brothers who she still talked to every once in awhile.

she was scared to talk to them. every little thing still reminded her of chris and their horrid break up. dakota's friend, mason, lied on her bed, scrolling through his phone, occasionally taking peeks over at the brunette girl.

"kota, why are you so scared?" the boy asked, putting his phone down, sitting up.

"i see him everywhere, mason. and now his two brothers coming over? he looks just like them" dakota stated, still anxiously biting on her nails.

"kota, darling, it's been six months, plus these two aren't him, these two are your friends, who were your best friends before you and chris even got together" mason told her, now standing beside her.

the boy thought of dakota as a little sister to him. seeing her this hurt, hurt him.

"i know" she said, her voice barely audible.

mason grabbed both of her shoulders and pulled her into his chest, giving the girl a very needed hug. they stayed like that for a few moments until the doorbell rang.

dakota pulled away, wiping her face.

"you got this" mason smiled.

"i got this"

"oh kota it's so good to see you" nick said, pulling the shorter girl into a hug

"hi nick" she said with a smile. the two pulled away from the hug, allowing matt to swoop in and hug her. once the two stopped hugging, she allowed the two boys in, who quickly introduced themselves to mason.

"so, how have you been?" nick asked the girl.

dakota moved a piece of hair out of her face, "fine" she lied. just like chris did.

"you guys?" she asked. nick grinned.

"we've been okay, now uhm— i think you know why we came" he said. dakota looked down at the ground.

she nodded, "to convince me even more to go to that stupid party, right?" she asked.

matt nodded.

"listen guys, i—" she started.

"please, wait and just listen to us" nick cut her off. dakota closed her mouth and just nodded.

matt sighed before talking, "we both know you don't really want to come, and we understand that, genuinely, but we want you to come so undeniably bad. vanessa wants to see you, so does cleo and michael"

"and matt isn't lying, we all miss you so incredibly much. yes, we text here and there, but it's not the same, which i will admit, is chris's fault. but we aren't chris, we won't be like him. we just want our best friend back" nick finished.

dakota took their words in. she wishes she heard those words sooner. not six months later. also for the fact she knew that it was probably just vanessa who pushed the two to say something.

dakota didn't bring that up though.

dakota sighed. "fine, ill go to that stupid party" she said.

mason smiled slightly at her response, happy she was finally getting out there slowly but surely. mason trusted the two that talked her into going. he knew their intentions.

nick and matt looked at each other with a grin before nick grabbed the girl and embraced her.

NEW DIVIDER BC I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY LAST ONE 😭😭