:/☆・﹐👝chapter five

glimpse of uschapter five( lowercase intended )

glimpse of us
chapter five
( lowercase intended )

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦  CHRIS rolled his eyes as he got a lecture from his two brothers. them yelling at him for just looking at dakota was irritating. he didn't even talk to her, nor make an effort to, what was the big deal?

"you're a fucking idiot, you know that right?" nick said.

chris clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth. "i didn't even do anything? what the fuck is your problem?"

matt scoffed. "you obviously knew she was coming, least you could do is stay away"

chris gave the boy a look, "you're fucking kidding right?" he asked.

the room stayed silent.

"i didn't fucking know she was coming—"

"did you forget vanessa is her FUCKING COUSIN?" nick questioned. chris didn't respond, causing nick to continue his small rant.

"and you know what you did six months ago. you know you fucked her up, so don't go acting as if she was overdramatic and shit. of course she is still hurting, especially seeing you and your little girlfriend"

chris let out a scoff, "what the fuck is your problem with natalia?" he asked.

"did you know she KNEW you had a girlfriend? did you forget you had a girlfriend when you went on countless dates with natalia and kissed her countless of times? did you know that you were both okay with cheating?" matt asked, crossing his arms.

"of course we have a fucking problem with natalia. we don't know what the fuck you see in her. she helped you cheat, knowing how dakota would feel because natalia ACTUALLY KNEW ABOUT HER. we also don't fucking understand how you could so easily fuck a relationship up like that" nick stated.

"you and dakota were perfect, then you ruined it" matt added.

chris opened his mouth to speak before matt stopped him.

"you wanna know what i think?" matt asked.

"i think you're fucked in the head. i think you lost the perfect girl who brought out the good in you. i also think that every time you see natalia, you see dakota. you see the girl that you left, hurting. you see her everywhere, don't you?"

chris didn't speak. how did matt know.

matt took the silence as a 'yes'. irritatingly nodding, he walked away, needing to cool down. nick gave his brother a disappointed look before also leaving the room.

chris stood at the same spot. his head hung low. how did matt figure it out. was it a look on his face? what was it.

chris snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the front door open and then slam shut. no one was coming in, instead it was nick and matt who had left, leaving the house silent.

dakota woke up, groaning into the cushion of the couch

dakota woke up, groaning into the cushion of the couch. she started to roll onto her side until she felt the edge of the couch, causing her to scoot over, making sure she didn't fall.

the brunette girl brought both hands to her eyes and rubbed them as she started to yawn. taking her hands away, she looked around the room, seeing cleo sleeping on the couch.

dakota pulled the blanket off of herself and threw it aside. she then stood up, stretching her arms and legs out before walking into the kitchen. nine forty two. nick and matt stood in front of mason who had his back to dakota.

"we wanted to make sure she was fine, we saw what happened and talked —more so lectured— chris this morning. is she doing good?" nick asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"i'm fine" dakota piped in. mason turned around to see her.

"well— not necessarily fine but currently i'm okay." dakota added.

nick rushed over, giving the girl a hug. pulling away, he spoke,

"i'm so sorry kota, we shouldn't have pressured you into coming to the party, i am so so so so so sorry" nick said. dakota chuckled slightly.

"its okay, you didn't know what was gonna happen nick. you're fine. i don't blame either one of you" dakota told the two. matt and nick sighed in relief.

dakota looked at mason. he gave her a smile and a nod before going to the living room to check on cleo. dakota turned back to the two.

"uhm— can I ask you guys something?" she asked.

"of course" nick responded.

"how long after the break up— did chris get with the other girl?" dakota questioned, looking down at the ground.

nick opened his mouth to speak but matt cut him off,

"are you sure you want to know?" he asked, giving the girl a concerned look.

"yeah, i just want to confirm something, you know?" she said.

"a week" matt told her.

dakota's eyes widened. only a week? so he really didn't care.

"oh" she said. "uh— thank you— for telling me"

two chapters left lol.
also omg backstory on how they broke up!!
also i feel like the plot is not staying at
all LMAOAOAO.

anyways, next chapter chris & dakota will
face each other  🤞🤞 lets see how it goes.

also v excited to end this lowkey??