‧˚₊ᘏ☕ᘏ﹕chapter three

glimpse of uschapter three( lowercase intended )

glimpse of us
chapter three
( lowercase intended )

this chapter is mid bro...i hate this chapter sm

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦ DAKOTA let out a deep breath. her anxiety continued to spike higher and higher as she got closer to the triplet's house. she drove with both hands on the wheel, her leg that wasn't on the gas pedal had been bouncing slightly.

music was heard all throughout the car as she softly sang along with it. her voice was quiet compared to the volume of the music itself. she turned the music down when she started to pull up to the house. she turned into the driveway and parked behind someone's car.

already, quite a bit of people were there. all inside though, sadly, so she couldn't tell if she knew anyone. well, that was until she heard someone hit their hand onto her door's window. she looked over to see her friend, cleo.

the said girl waved excitedly before backing up, allowing dakota to step out of the car. once her car door was shut and locked, cleo gave the girl a big hug.

"it's been so long," she said, holding the girl tightly.

"yeah," dakota whispered, hugging the girl back.

cleo then broke the hug, "well come on, let's go" she smiled before grabbing dakota's hand and dragging her to the party itself.

it was quite crowded in the house. she hadn't realized how many people actually knew her cousin. speaking of her cousin, dakota looked around trying to find the girl. she was easy to spot, but she just couldn't seem to find her anywhere.

instead, she found michael, one of her friends, talking to someone she didn't recognize. the girl had blonde hair that was semi short, she was pretty. dakota hadn't ever seen her before so she thought that maybe she was one of vanessa's friends from school. maybe.

chris looked around the house, trying to find either his brothers, his girlfriend, or the birthday girl

chris looked around the house, trying to find either his brothers, his girlfriend, or the birthday girl. he couldn't find any of them though, weird. that was until he finally spotted nick. chris was about to walk over but saw nick, hugging a girl.

he couldn't tell who it was, all he knew was that she had brown long hair and was in white. her back was to him. he stopped staring at the two and tried to look around again, he then finally found his girlfriend, talking to michael.

chris walked over to the two.

"hey guys" he said.

"hi love" natalia smiled, giving the boy a kiss on the cheek. chris just gave her a smile.

"hey chris" michael said, putting his hand out for a handshake in which chris grabbed the boys hand with his own, 'dabbing him up'.

the three stayed there, talking all about how the party was going and about how they were overall having a good time, but chris couldn't shake off that weird feeling of the girl he saw nick hug earlier.

he tried to shrug it off though, especially when after a while, everyone was now gathered in the kitchen. vanessa stood by herself whilst everyone crowded around her. there was a cake in front of her and nick had been lighting the candles for her.

vanessa smiled and looked to her right, waving for someone to come over to her. chris noticed the brunette he saw earlier go closer. that's when he saw her face. dakota. chris's eyes widened. he completely forgot where he was.

he stared at the girl, registering what was happening. he completely forgot to sing happy birthday to vanessa too.

vanessa had said something to the girl, causing her to laugh as she looked away. dakota's eyes trailed over the crowd and eventually landed on chris. the two made eye contact quickly, before dakota broke it.

the said girl started to bite her nails, chris saw this. he wanted to help her, but he knew it was because of him. so he did nothing.

"you okay love?" natalia asked from beside him. chris looked over to the girl.

he nodded. "yeah, perfect" he gave her a smile. natalia smiled back before going over to a few people who had been getting cake. he looked back over to where dakota was to see her staring at the now empty space where natalia was.

so the blonde girl was his girlfriend.

and then dakota averted her gaze again, and instead of talking to vanessa, she pulled nick aside, talked to him for a while, then left. nick looked over at his brother who had watched the brunette girl leave. this caused nick to just shake his head before going back over to vanessa.

 this caused nick to just shake his head before going back over to vanessa