˚⊹☁ଓ﹕‧₊˚⤾ chapter four

glimpse of uschapter four( lowercase intended )

glimpse of us
chapter four
( lowercase intended )

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦  DAKOTA gripped the steering wheel tightly. tears softly ran down her now slightly red cheeks. it felt as if everything was just going to shit now. she also hated crying as she drove. she was scared she would accidentally have her sight go blurry and cause a wreck.

the girl's leg that had not been in use had been bouncing slightly, showing her anxiousness. dakota wanted to sob and sob hard. she wanted to scream. she wanted to let it all out. she should've known it wasn't a good idea to go to the party.

she should've known.

she felt like it was all her fault. she knew he had a girlfriend, of course she knew, nick told her. but she knew she still had that feeling in her that whenever she saw him, butterflied erupted in her stomach. she hated it. she didn't do anything to deserve the pain she was currently feeling.

the girl turned left, pulling into her driveway. once in park, she immediately got out of the car, locked it and went to the door. she then pulled her keys out, almost dropping them multiple times, before finally unlocking the door and going inside.

as she closed the door behind her, she heard footsteps coming her way.

"how was it?" mason asked. then he noticed her tear stained face.

"jesus christ kota, what the fuck happened?" he questioned, walking over to the girl, pulling her into a hug.

dakota just stood there in his arms, crying. she didn't know what else to do but to cry. whether it was crying because of anger, sadness, jealousy, she needed to let it out.

the two stayed like that for what seemed to be an hour but in reality it was only five minutes. dakota pulled away from the hug, wiping the tears that threatened to drop from her eyes.

"can I change first?" she asked, her voice breaking slightly as she spoke.

mason immediately started to nod, "of course"

dakota then walked to her room, wiping her eyes every few seconds. she closed the door behind her and started to take her shoes off, then her socks, then her shirt, then her skirt until she was left with nothing but what she had under.

the girl grabbed a white crew neck and white sweats, she put her rings on, and other accessories, playing with them helped calm her down.

she walked out of her room to see mason sitting on the couch, watching a show. as she walked closer, he saw her out of the corner of his eye, causing him to look over at her and quickly pause his show.

mason pat the seat next to him. "explain to me, everything that happened"

dakota ended up sobbing again as she explained to mason what had happened

dakota ended up sobbing again as she explained to mason what had happened. to her, she felt like she overdramatized the whole situation. to mason, he felt that she didn't, it was her emotions getting the best of her. she needed to leave.

the said girl now lied on the couch, asleep. her dry tear stained face was pink from the warmth and the tears that formerly ran down it.

mason had been on call with nick, whom was asking about dakota.

"she uh— she's okay now" mason answered.

"fuck— i should've known something was bound to happen. im so sorry mason" nick apologized.

mason sighed.

"its okay, nick. i played a part too. i thought this was gonna be a good chance for her to finally get out again, guess not" mason said. the boy ran a hand over his face.

"still, i hope she is okay. ill probably come over with matt and maybe vanessa, we want to check on her" nick responded.

mason nodded as he spoke, "yeah, that sounds fine"

"okay, well ill let you go, you should get some sleep" nick said.

"you too" mason replied before hanging up. he wasn't in the mood to talk.

of course, he felt a tad bit bad for being a dick, but at the same time, he needed sleep and also was up later than he wanted to be so he could check up on dakota, he wouldn't blame her for that though.

mason walked over to the couch, peeking over the top to look at the girl. he let out a deep breath and started to walk to his room before he heard a knock on the door.

he cursed under his breath as he walked over to the front door. unlocking it and opening it, the door revealed cleo. the girl in pink came straight from the party to check on dakota.

"where is she?"

"she's been asleep for how long?" cleo asked

"she's been asleep for how long?" cleo asked. she set her shoes off to the side along with her purse.

"an hour or two" mason replied. "you staying the night?" he asked. cleo nodded.

"can you just, watch her, for me? I need sleep" he questioned. cleo nodded.

"of course" she said. mason gave the girl a smile before going to his room.

cleo walked into dakotas room to quickly change. she stole a tee and white shorts. as she walked out, she threw her long brown hair into a messy bun and then sat on the couch.

mason and dakota's couch as large enough to allow roughly four people to sleep on. it was in an L shape.

cleo stole a blanket that lied on arm of the couch and threw it over herself. she then looked over at dakota. cleo sadly smiled at the girl before she completely lied down, and fell asleep.

yeah so cleo & mason are real ones frfr 🫶🤞
chris content next chap + nick & matt & vanessa 🫶🫶

only three more chapters left 🙁🙁🙁

900 words?? omg most ive ever written for this book.