˚⊹👜ଓ‧₊˚⤾ epilogue

glimpse of usepilogue ( lowercase intended )btw this is set like a week intothe future LMAO not much of a jump

glimpse of us
epilogue
( lowercase intended )
btw this is set like a week into
the future LMAO not much of a jump

🪵╭╯ଘ꒰꒷꒦ DAKOTA had been sleeping comfortably on her bed, warmth all around her. it was roughly two forty-two in the morning. the girl had continuously been waking up in the middle of the night due to nightmares, she needed this peaceful sleep.

unfortunately, her phone started to ring. the volume being turned up all the way and the vibration had woken the brunette girl up. softly rubbing her eyes, she grabbed her phone. chris 🫶 appeared on the screen. she hadn't changed his name since they broke up. she needed to make sure she did that soon.

the girl thought for a moment before decided to accept the call.

"hello?" she said, her voice coming out raspy due to her just waking up.

"hi" she heard. "can we talk, like in person, please?" chris asked.

"chris— it's two in the morning" dakota told him softly.

"please"

"chris..." "no dakota, please— you deserve an explanation" chris begged. dakota sighed,

"fine, where?" she asked.

"the park by cornelia street" (wink t swift ref wink) he said.

"okay" dakota breathed out.

"thank you, see you in twenty" chris exclaimed before hanging up.

dakota threw her head back into the her pillow, groaning. why did she agree to this? the girl then sighed before ripping the blankets off of her and throwing her legs over. she stood up and quickly stretched her legs and arms before walking into her closet and finding appropriate clothes.

dakota then made her way to the kitchen, passing by the couch where mason had been asleep. dakota did her best to stay quiet. she slowly grabbed her keys and quickly (but quietly) left the house, locking it behind her.

as soon as she sat down in her car, she sighed. "here goes nothing"

dakota pulled into the parking lot of the park

dakota pulled into the parking lot of the park. she turned her keys, shutting the car off and took them out. as she stepped out, she looked around for chris, eventually finding him sitting on a swing.

shutting her car door, she locked it and walked over to the boy. he was staring at the ground until he heard her footsteps. looking up, he saw the girl just a few feet away from him.

"hi" dakota said, sitting in the swing next to him.

"hi" he breathed out.

"well— you want to get started on that explanation?" dakota asked. she came off slightly irritated.

"yeah right— sorry uhm—" chris apologized.

"that day, when i uhm— cheated— i don't remember what was running through my head. i was sitting in my room for one moment and then the next i was kissing someone else. i don't remember or know how it happened but i remember one slight thing was that after everything, i realized it wasn't you. and that's when i saw you running away from my room" chris explained.

dakota sighed. "that doesn't explain everything, chris" she told.

"i know. i don't know why i did what i did, i really don't. none of it was your fault though. it was all me, all my fault. i don't think i was in the right mindset. and when i realized everything, i knew i already lost you. if i tried to get you back— and succeeded, nothing would've been the same and in the end we probably wouldn't have worked out. so i didn't try. i didn't fight because you were hurt one way or another" chris said.

dakota was looking down, playing with her fingers. the girl was trying to not cry.

"can i ask why you went to natalia?" she questioned.

"i went with her because i needed someone to fill the gap. i know how horrible it was. i think there was some feeling but it was never the same as the way you made me feel. and every time i looked in natalia's eyes, i kept seeing us. i realized that it was you the whole time, but we were over, i couldn't do anything about that, so i stayed with her. it wasn't until last week that i broke up with her, after the grocery incident" he said.

dakota took a deep breath in.

"i hope you know, i still love you" chris told her.

dakota stood up, causing chris to do the same. tears ran down dakota's face.

"i still love you too chris, but for now i think we should take a break. maybe wait a bit. we can be together when we are older, more mature, but for now i need to focus on myself, on my mental health" dakota said.

"i understand" chris breathed out. tears slowly ran down his face. the boy brought a hand up to dakota's cheek, wiping off a tear.

"this is gonna sound weird, but can i kiss you?" he asked. he wanted one last kiss before it was to end. dakota nodded slightly.

chris leaned forward, encasing her lips into his own. it was a slow but passionate kiss that summed up their feelings now and for each other. pulling away, dakota grabbed the hand that was on her cheek.

she rubbed the back of his hand before stepping away.

"goodbye chris" she said, crying.

dakota then turned around and walked away.

the end 🫶
tysm for reading this story. i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did 🫶🫶 muah xoxo

 i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did 🫶🫶 muah xoxo