𝐢𝐯. 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥》

Brielle's shoes scuffed against the concrete ground as she made her way out of the school building and on the path to her car tucked neatly in the back of the parking lot. Usually, she wouldn't mind, but today she was terrified of seeing that boy from the day before.

Luck was against her as she noticed that very same boy at a car just ahead of her. She moved to walk more on the other side of the street since that's where her car was, but he turned and saw Brielle. She tensed and kept walking, noticing him jogging up to her.

"Hey! Wait up!" He called out. She stopped and looked to him. A lump formed in her throat that she couldn't quite swallow down as she stared at the football player who just made his way in front of her entirely.

"Me?" She managed.

"Of course I'm talking to you. Who else would I be talking to?" He chuckled as he approached her and stood right in front of the girl. She shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Someone you actually know?" She said. He crossed his arms and looked the girl up and down, making her body go cold. What was he doing?

"Wow...you're really pretty up close..." he chuckled.

Fuck.

She quickly ducked her head and continued on the way to her car. He quickly followed, smacking himself in the head for saying that out loud.

"Sorry! Sorry sorry I didn't mean to weird you out!" He said in an exasperated tone. The girl made it in her car and she slammed the door shut, quickly starting it and driving away as the boy watched in defeat. He sighed softly and walked back to his car, scratching the back of his head as he wondered what to do next.

And that's how it continued. He'd pop up in areas of the school or in her class to say hello and each time she'd reject the conversation. She was a difficult one to talk to.

❤︎︎

"Hey!"
"Nope."

❤︎︎

"Excuse me."
"No."

❤︎︎

"Hey wait—"
"Not happening."

❤︎︎

Soon, Brielle was no longer able to ignore the boy who was so keen on speaking with her. It made her all red in the face when he did it more and more. The thought of this boy being so eager to meet her was almost fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

She was sat on one of the benches at the mall when a presence was suddenly by her legs as she was on the phone. She looked to see that same boy crouched down in front of her, his hands on his knees as he was held up on his toes. He grinned at her.

"I thought it was you!" He said, that same almost oblivious smile on his face. She took a deep breath and sighed.

"What do you want?" She finally granted him that entrance to a conversation. His eyes seemed to light up as she finally caved in and he sat on the bench beside her.

"I just wanna talk to you. You're very strong on avoiding me." He chuckled. She blinked at the golden retriever of a boy god had gifted her.