𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐄𝐫𝐚

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐝》

"Oh come on, Bri." Cassidy sighed, staring at her best friend who had her head rested against her palm as she glared at the picnic table they sat at. They had walked to the park in Cassidy's neighborhood to hang out, but Cassidy had to sit Brielle down because she could tell the girl was so mad that she looked close to passing out, "your face is red."

"Is it? I wonder why! Probably because some stupid fucking football player has been going around telling people that we're dating!" she yelled. Cassidy shook her head.

"You're overreacting. It's not the worst rumor he could spread." Cassidy said. Brielle crossed her arms and looked down.

"It's not that it's the worst. It's the fact that he's so fucking full of himself that he's going around telling people we're dating to make it seem like "everyone loves him" because he's all popular and pretty ~" Brielle made her voice nasally and high as she dramatized her sentence. Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"I highly doubt that's the reason he would go around telling people you're dating." she said. Brielle rested her elbows on the table and raised a brow at Cassidy.

"Oh? Then what's a reasonable reason?"

"Because he likes you, too!" Cassidy raised her voice, making Brielle recoil and blink in surprise, "God, I swear you are the blindest person I've ever met."

Cassidy pinched the bridge of her nose as she let Brielle process her take on the situation. She looked down, her face going a little pink. She finally sighed and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and slowly exhaling.

"Like me or not...he should talk to me about that before telling every guy on the football team. Probably all the cheerleaders and their friends, too! The whole senior class must know. That's just embarrassing" Brielle covered her face, mumbling that last sentence into her hands. Cassidy groaned and tilted her head back.

"This is why you're single!" She said. Brielle scoffed out a laugh and reached forward, smacking Cassidy's arm.

"Not according to Nick, I'm not!" She said. Cassidy grinned and leaned back forward.

"I think you should just talk to him." She said. Brielle paused and crossed her arms, smiling a little. Cassidy squinted at her.

"Bri—"

"Well..."

"Bri—no you can't do that—"

"I was thinking..."

"You can't just give him the cold shoulder—!"

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

"She won't talk to me." Nick sat down on the bench in the locker room. It was the weekend and they had a practice for the final game of the year. Clay cackled and Nick shot him a glare. Luke sighed and patted his shoulder.

"She'll get over it. It's not even a big deal." He said. Nick scoffed.

"Prom is this Friday! What am I supposed to do? Just wait?" He said. Luke blinked.

"Wow...this Friday." He sighed, "high school's really flying by, huh?"

"Luke!"

Luke laughed and ruffled Nick's hair. Nick smacked his hand away.

"Come on, man. She won't even look at me, for god's sake. I don't know how to fix things." He said. Clay turned to Nick.

"Offer to take her on a nice date." He said. Nick scoffed.

"Oh, you really wanna help me, now?" Clay grinned and shrugged.

"Just giving ideas." He said. Luke raised his hand to pitch in.

"Clay could be right. Maybe just invite her out. Do something nice for her." Luke said. Nick paused and sighed.

"Will she even go with me?" He asked.

"Depends. Just apologize, say you wanna make it up to her, and—"

"But I didn't do anything!" He said. Luke shrugged in return.

"I don't know! I'm trying to help, dude." Nick was quiet for a moment as he considered it before pulling out his phone. He sent a message to Brielle over Instagram.

INSTAGRAM

sapnapinsta
Hey. I'm sorry about what Clay told you. I promise it's not at all true. Let me make it up to you, though. I'll take you out to a nice place after my practice tonight. I don't want you to be upset with me anymore.
delivered

Nick sent the message and set his phone in his bag. Their coach called for them and Nick got up. The message was still in the back of his head, nerves of her response dwelling on him.

Clay patted his back as he jogged ahead without him. Luke stayed behind and noticed Nick's solemn expression. He sighed and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure she'll turn around before prom." He said. Nick looked to him.

"Why are you even trying to help. Won't you have to pay me twenty if I take her?" He said. Luke paused and shrugged.

"I can tell you're caught up over it. It sucks to see one of my friends in this shitty position. Clay's a little...eh." He motioned his hands to show neither good nor bad, "he doesn't wanna kill you, but he's not really the kind with much sympathy."

Nick smiled and scoffed softly, shaking his head. He crossed his arms and puffed out his chest a little for confidence to focus on the practice ahead of them.

"Alright. Alright. I get it." He chuckled, "thanks Luke."

Luke nodded and smiled at him.

"No problem, man."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

Have you ever been so mad that you wish to put someone in more pain than they gave to you? In love, you tend to do things that you'd never dream of doing to a person. You tear them apart since the slightest crack from them can shatter you.

You end up regretting it. You realize you may have done worse. That you're the bad person in the situation.

Still, just like love, that high tends to be amazing. The high of making someone feel down for hurting you feels exactly the same.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

INSTAGRAM

sapnapinsta
Hey. I'm sorry about what Clay told you. I promise it's not at all true. Let me make it up to you, though. I'll take you out to a nice place after my practice tonight. I don't want you to be upset with me anymore.
seen

bri_babe
ok
delivered

❤︎︎