𝐢𝐱. 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥》

Brielle rested her chin on her hand as she watched the ice in her soda spin around the glass, her straw twirling in circles as she stirred it. She looked up and noticed Nick watching, drinking his soda. She blushed as he put his drink down and chuckled.

"That's more entertaining than me, huh?" He teased. Brielle stopped and let go of her straw.

"Be quiet..." she grumbled, tilting her head to the side and allowing it to fall into her palm. Nick rested his arms in the table and he tilted his head to the side the same way, catching her bored attention.

"You seem to hate my company." He said. She shook her head and sighed.

"No...no...just tired..." she yawned, lifted herself up to stretch, "you're game was so late."

"Yeah, well, you get used to it. I am pretty tired, though. Just not as much as you, right now." He said. She smiled and raised a brow.

"Do I really look that tired?" She asked. He grinned and reached his hand out, tracing it under her eye.

"I can almost see the eye bags clear as daylight—" she smacked his hand.

"Oh shut up!" She barked, watching him pull his arm away and cackle at her fuming anger. She quickly calmed herself and laughed along with him, blushing at how stupid he was acting. She looked over and saw a waitress nearing them.

"I think that's our food."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

The plates were mostly clean, only small crumbs or sauce smears left on them. At that point, Brielle and Nick were just sipping milkshakes and laughing. Brielle was swinging her legs, feeling a little more energized through eating and conversation. Still, her head felt somewhat heavy and she wanted to sleep.

"It's dumb, though. The bruised nose was not worth the twenty bucks. I learned my lesson." Nick finished his story, making Brielle snort and shake her head. Nick's smile softened and he tilted his head to the side ever so slightly.

"I like your laugh." He said. Brielle perked up and blushed. She hadn't realized she had completely snorted while laughing and she covered her mouth.

"Shit. That was so embarrassing." She said. Nick shook his head.

"No! No! It was...it was cute." He sighed out softly. She raised a brow.

"Me? Snorting? Cute?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "don't flatter me."

Nick chuckled at her dramatic and posh tone of voice as she looked away and held her hand to her heart. He shook his head and finished up his milkshake.

"Fine. I take it back." He said, making her gasp.

"I'll have you know I'm self conscious about my laugh! So you're just mean, now." She said. He grinned and raised a brow.

"Oh am I?" He asked, amused at Brielle's many little fits.

"Yes." She huffed, crossing her arms and sticking her tongue out.

"For that, you're paying." She said with a grin. He laughed and reached into his pocket.

"Funny thing is...I was already planning to." He said, shaking his head as he opened his wallet and looked for his card. Brielle chuckled and leaned back in her seat.

"Thanks for coming out with me after your final game...I know you and the others probably had something planned, but—"

"No, I enjoy spending time with you more, Brielle." He said, looking up from his wallet to her as he set his card down by the check that had been placed a while ago. Brielle felt a smile tug at her lips and she looked down. Her lightly kicking legs gently nudged his feet occasionally.

"I feel bad for shunning you..." she said. He smiled softly and sighed.

"It was weird, I will admit. I don't care, though. You were reasonably upset and I'm glad you told me and didn't just hate me forever." He said. Brielle smirked.

"Who said I don't plan on hating you forever?" She teased. He poked his credit card.

"Me paying for everything." He nodded and smiled at the waitress as she came and took the check and card. Brielle giggled and shook her head.

"I guess you're right." She said. It fell into a comfortable silence, allowing her mind to finally melt and relax, "we heading home after this?"

Nick shrugged as his eyes stayed scanning the restaurant as a way to distract himself.

"Up to you. It is Friday, so...I don't mind staying out as late as you want." He said. Before Brielle could respond, about to say she wanted to head home, Nick perked up, "oh! If you do want to stay out, there's this beautiful spot just a little on the edge of town. It has a perfect view of the stars and the city."

Brielle paused. She had wanted to go home, but her mind completely did a 180. The thought of laying with Nick, taking in sights and admiring the night sky stars, made her heart swell in joy.

"I'd love to do that! Let's go there." She said, already excited. Nick nodded and thanked the waitress as she brought the card back.

"Alright then. Let's go." He stood with Brielle and she followed along, heading out of the restaurant at his side.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

So now you're in a sticky situation, huh?

You've learned all there is to know about how dangerous love is. You've been taught that it's bad and you know that it's dangerous beyond belief.

Still, you've gotten yourself caught in its web. You've tangled yourself in its chains of affection and comfort that you're stuck hopping between right and wrong.

You know you'll be hurt, but the thought of forgetting this person you're chasing is just more painful. Not only that, but you can't rid of this bacteria at all. You have to just let it damage your body and deal with the after math once the sickness goes away.

What a strange sickness it is. It gives only the best pleasure and happiest feelings. Like staying home from school to relax when you aren't well. You're happy to be home, but theirs an underlying uncertainty.

Where is it, though?

Being with this person, you feel no uncertainty or nausea. You just feel in bliss. It's like your brain just focuses on them while you're conscious. There's no pain or harm. You feel at your highest high.

You got yourself locked in danger, then.

❤︎︎