𝐯. 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥》

"Pretty girl!"

Brielle heard the name called out behind her. She sighed and stopped in her place on her way to her car in the parking lot of her school. Nick hadn't learned the girl's name and she had refused to give it. He resorted then to call her "pretty girl". She had to admit he was smart. That name got on her nerves and she thought about giving him her real name just to get him to stop.

"Oh my god..." she turned and watched as the boy jogged up to her. He grinned at the girl who stopped and gave him her undivided attention.

"Glad I caught you. I wanted to know if you wanted to grab lunch." He offered. She squinted at Nick, scrunching her nose up a little. He was seriously asking her on a date? Why the hell was this boy so relentless?

"Seriously?" Was all she managed out before Nick quickly opened his mouth to cut her off.

"I know. You hate me for reasons I may never know." He said, making her crack a smile and chuckle, rolling her eyes.

"Uh huh?"

"But! I really want to get to know you and maybe that includes your name...?" He said, slowly smiling sheepishly as he neared the end of his sentence. Brielle scoffed and turned, unlocking and opening her car door.

"You are ridiculous." She sighed, throwing her bag to the passenger seat of the car. Nick leaned against the car, smiling at the girl.

"I'd like to think I'm optimistic." He said. She looked to him, raising a brow and grinning.

"It depends. Where are you planning on taking me, good sir?" She asked, turning her body to fully face the boy and crossing her arms.

Nick paused and a small grin spread across his face...

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

"Well, "pretty girl" is a sucker for simple fast food. McDonalds and such." Cassidy shrugged, leaning against her locker as Nick had approached the girl he'd seen hang around Brielle so often.

"What does she usually prefer?" He asked, adjusting his backpack's straps on his shoulders. Cassidy chuckled softly.

"She always gets an Oreo McFlurry with a burger. If you like any other kind that isn't Oreo, she'll think you're a joke." She said, crossing her arms. Nick blinked, raising a brow.

"In what way do you mean by that?" He asked.

"In the way that she will ghost you for a week on texting and claim you have no taste for the rest of your life." She said, giving him a thumbs up. He chuckled.

"You clearly have experience..."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

"I was thinking we could head to a fast food place nearby. Something simple. I don't like going to most nice and fancy places unless it's a special occasion." He said. Brielle grinned.

"Buy me two cheeseburgers and a large fry at McDonalds and I'll consider your offer." Brielle said with a grin, already liking the idea of receiving free fast food. Nick chuckled.

"What if I throw in a treat?" He asked. She raised a brow and tilted her head to the side.

"What treat?"

"McFlurry."

"What flavor?"

"Oreo."

Brielle paused, squinting at Nick.