Admiration

Hihi, moth boy time steve here, this is dumb and rushed but i'm bored and wanna update something while i'm working on chapter 13 of glitch infection
anyways-
emjoyyyy-
and there's probably typos / spelling & grammar errors, don't mind those :D

———————

- A certain Red Steve's POV -

It had been so long since he had last seen anyone except for Red Steve, he missed his other friends.

He knows everyone in the kingdom tried to stop him, but he was persistent.

He had been watching Red for a while now, without Red seeing him. Or, well, he assumed Red hadn't seen him.

Whether Red saw him or not, he felt an odd power spike from the direction of Red's house. He hides on the roof, because where else would he hide, behind a tree? This isn't an oldie cartoon guys.

Anyways, a non-steve suddenly ran out of the house, and Red chased him. Odd. He thought Red lived alone.

He takes their absence and jumps off the roof, booking it inside the house. He looks around for a few minutes and finds something Red left out.

The crystal.

He takes it, and goes back to the roof of the house. Just in time too, because the two are walking back to the house as he gets in a comfortable position.

———

They've been talking for hours, and got stuck in a temple placed in the side of a hill. He remembers this temple, he built it himself.

Either way, they got themselves stuck inside of the temple. He waited for a bit, and then heard lightning. He hides beside a hill off in the distance to watch what happens.

What he sees terrifies him.

There are Darkness beings running from the building, and he takes that as his cue. He books it back to where Red's house is and takes a right when he sees the door, running towards a cave. He opens a barely visible door and hides in the room it leads to.

He wonders how they're gonna get rid of those Darkness beings..

[Wooo time skip.]

It had been a few months since the first Darkness beings were sighted in the temple.

And well, not very long after that of course, Red was.. destroyed.

He witnessed that, he was devastated. He may not have known the Red Steve, at all, but he was still an important piece in his plan. He was also just very kind, he was easy to get attached to.

Besides all of that depressing stuff, the savior and Orange Steve, one of the Red Steve's friends, had build an entire fortress to hide out and to help people.

He thought he'd finally show himself to the Steve and his strange friend.

He heard they were looking for the crystals, and that they were going to find the red crystal first. This was his chance. He silently teleported to the cave. He learned how to do that a while back, before he actually left the kingdom and started stalking Red.

He waited for Orange Steve and the non-steve, Sabre, to appear.

———

They were finally there, he'd been waiting for so long. He waits for them to finally realize the doorway to the pedestal is open, knowing they're searching the house first.

He waits, thinking back to the second hero, his best friend. He misses his best friend. A lot. He was always there for him, he always understood him, and helped him through literally everything.

He's broken out of his thoughts when Orange Steve and Sabre walk down the stairs.

"Who.. is that." The man in the chicken onesie asks.

Orange Steve shrugs. "Dunno."

"Hello, I am Professor Red. Though I'd prefer to be called Jaylis." He says, bowing dramatically.

"Oh, uh.. okay.. hi Jaylis." Orange Steve holds a hand out.

Jaylis stands upright and eyes his hand cautiously, finally taking it, shaking it. "Nice to officially meet you."

They drop their hands and Sabre raises his. "Excuse me, what do you mean officially-"

Jaylis ignores him. "I assume you're here for the crystal."

Sabre scoffs but shrugs it off, assuming the guy's a bit shy. "Yup, our friend who lived here had it the last we heard."

Jaylis nods, "He did, now I do."

Their eyes widen. "Really?! Can we-"

"Not until you get all of the others."

"Why..?"

"Dunno if I fully trust you, that's it." He smiles innocently. It's true, he doesn't necessarily trust them, but he has other reasons.

Sabre nods slowly. "Sure fam, better than not getting it at all I guess."

"But-" Orange Steve tries to argue, but Sabre shushes him.

"Thank you Jaylis, we'll be leaving now." Sabre drags Orange out of the cave, while the Steve tries to argue yet again. Eventually he calms down and they teleport away.

Jaylis smirks, knowing his plan will most likely work.

"Don't worry old friend, your death won't be in vain." He tells himself, before closing the door to the cave, hiding himself from the world once again.