The duel in the Astral world part 1.

AN: Hello dear readers. Here is the next Zexal chapter in my zexal marathon. Took longer than expected but life can be busy sometime. If you are confused about the title, it is because I am trying to make the episodes in the show coexist. Alias Yuma's part in the Astral world and Zaira's memory part. They do run at the same time in the show and kinda confuses me to jump around in it, taking only bits from the memory act. Hope you understand. I can promise there are parts with Zaira's in this too. Speaking of which, past Zaira in comparison to her present self, is a bit different. After all that is what happened when being on an evil mad prince's side, sharing his viewpoint on life and people. So just a heads up. Zaira might not act like her usual self in this. For now. Now have fun reading.

Zaira's p.o.v.

I let out an exhausted groan before slowly opening my eyes. I felt tired. I felt drained. Not to mention the pain radiating in my body. That said I was not going to quit. I had learned from experience not to quit just because the odds were against me. Or if my body was filled with pain. I was a survivor. That was at least what my mom had told me when she had been alive. It was words I took to my heart. I let out yet another groan. Then blinked in order to make my sight focus. The first thing that fell into my gaze was this comfortable bed I found myself in. The next thing being this big room dressed for royalty. That didn't really surprise me. I was after all royalty and a princess at that. My brother always made sure I was surrounded by wealth. Even though I didn't need it. The question however remained. Had my brother brought me home with him? That was the only explanation I could come up with. We had been traveling by ship for so long that I knew this wasn't on our ship. No this was a room in a castle for sure. Was it ours though? I couldn't remember much after my fight against Nash's army. Had Cy left him a message to go get me after I blacked out? Not that I was going to sit here and ponder over that. I had to figure out what was going on here. With that determination in my mind, I pulled at the blanket I was using. Or tried. Pain rose through me instantly, which made me gasp in surprise. And pain. I even think a tiny whimper left my lips. All which made me curse myself inside. I was a proud warrior and Vector's general. We don't cry over injuries!

"Easy there, young goddess. We cannot have you overdo it. The healers had a rough time patching you up, and I believe your godly protector would have my head if your wounds opened up", a voice then suddenly said and had me jerk in surprise.

That was not a good cocktail for sure, but I guess I had been too occupied in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed someone entering the room. Warm sturdy hands were at my side. The color of silvery armor caught my vision as this warrior helped me up sit. My feet hit the bedside seconds later. This knight I realized were making sure I was standing tall when my feet hit the floor. Standing upwards did indeed lessen the pain who were apparently radiating from my abdomen and chest.

"Pardon me, but who are you?" I asked in a polite tone.

I was taught to be formal. Especially when you have no clue where you were. It would lessen disputes. Not that I wasn't curious about this knight appearing. It was clear by his appearance that he wasn't one of ours. They were usually dressed in dark armor. This person however was dressed in white and had grayish hair and same concerning colored eyes.

"Oh, my apologies", the knight said and made a tiny respectful bow while at the same time keeping me steady. "Pardon my rudeness of not introducing myself. I felt your wellbeing were much more important. My name is Sir Dumon. I am a knight from a faraway kingdom. It is my duty to see to your wellbeing and protection".

"You do not say..." I mused out thoughtfully.

It was not every day you get to meet such a well-spoken and good-looking knight. That was for sure. Then again Vector and I had a habit of just conquering anyone and anything in front of us. Barely caring about who and what those people visiting, if we ever had visitors, wanted. Unless it benefited us of course. However, then I recalled this knight's exact words and my face heated up by the thought of it. Goddess? Me?! He must be kidding!