Assimilation part 2.

AN: And here it is my dear readers. Finally finished this long chapter. It is longer than I expected, but oh well. There is more for you to read right? Please comment on this chapter after reading it. I would like to get some feedback on this. Have fun reading.

Shark's p.o.v.

Shark was sitting at the edge of a cliff watching the alluring sky of the Barian world. He was in deep thought. After everything that happened, how could he not? His life had been turned upside down in less than a couple of hours. Finding out he was a barian had been tough enough. Finding out he was the leader of the barian emperors that had been a lot to take in. Not to mention the latest breakup he had with Zaira. He could still remember her angry declaration. Her tear-filled expression as she declared that it was over. His heart had been aching painfully ever since. Dumon, as the faithful friend that he was, explained everything with a compassion Shark hadn't expected. Dumon had loved Zaira. He had been with her in the past, neither Shark nor Zaira remembered and worst of all he still did. Shark could see it in the expression on his face when Dumon spoke of her. The way his eyes were having this fondness when he spoke Zaira's name. It was difficult for Shark to accept that Zaira had left him. Left both of them. Which confused Shark. Because why was Dumon so lenient with him? He was the reason he lost the girl he loved, so why was Dumon not furious at him? Or being happy that Shark for once was feeling his pain. Instead, Dumon had been a surprisingly true friend to him. Like encouraging words of comfort and that this breakup might not last forever. He also filled Shark in with the real reason for Zaira's breakup. Even though Zaira was a Barian, she had been given a seal from the Astral world that was holding her Barian powers in check. If Zaira ever returned to the Barian world, that seal would slowly begin to eat away at her Barian powers. Just to ensure that Zaira would never turn against them. That hurt Nash more than he would admit. His expectation that Zaira would follow him willingly to the Barian world as his sister had, was selfish beyond belief. He should have included her in his decision. Then maybe...

"Reginald" he could hear his sister say behind him. He didn't need to look to know it was her. Rio, or was it Marin now, looked at him with a sad expression.

"Don't call me that anymore. My name is Nash" Shark corrected her.

"Ah right. We are Marin and Nash now" his sister agreed with a nod. "The leaders of the Barian world. We commit to our people. The lost souls of the Barian world".

"Rio, what brings you here?" Shark said. He had deliberately used her discarded human name to bring a sense of familiarity to her. Before they became Nash and Marin. The leaders of the Barian world.

"Ah, Dumon has called the other emperors for the emergency meeting you wished for" Rio clarified. "We, as Emperors, should be there first to set a good example".

"Yeah. Let's" Shark agreed and was about to turn around and enter the palace. Rio's hand however lingered on his shoulder and made Shark stop.

"Re- brother are you alright?" she asked him.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" he replied.

"It is just... are you committed to the battle against your former friends. Against Yuma and... Zaira?" she asked. Shark shrugged casually.

"I am committed to leading our world, yes. I will battle whoever stands in my way" Shark declared fiercely. "As for Zaira, I am still hoping that she will join us".

"Even after the declared breakup?" his sister questioned surprised. "You know as well as I that Zaira battles for the Astral world along with Yuma. She has already...".