15

Lando arrived back from the airport with Pato in tow to find that Mille still hadn't come out of her room since last night before she went to bed.

As worried as Lando was about his best friend, he knew he had to take Pato down to the MTC so he trusted Max with finding out exactly what was wrong.

After the two McLaren drivers left the house,
Max eventually mustered up the courage to go up and check on Millie.

He walked up the stairs slowly and down the hallways until her reached the door at the end of the hallway that led to Millie's room.

He realised a small sigh before raising his fist and hesitantly knocking on the door and stood waiting for a reply.

"Millie? It's me." Max called out after receiving no reply. "Millie."

Max stood in the hallway for another minute of receiving no reply. With his mind immediately assuming the worst, Max opened the door and walked inside.

He was surprised to find her bed made, her curtains open and not a thing out of place. All of her clothes and things were still there meaning she hadn't left for good.

For the first time after being in Millie's room a million times, Max had only know noticed the lack of family photos inside.

There was lots of photos but there were of Millie, Max, Lando. Some of the Quadrant gang and some of their other friends like Conor, Jennie, Tom and even one or two with Luisa in them.

Max was now stuck on where exactly Millie was and when exactly she left the house without anyone seeing her.

"Millie?"

—————

Millie sat in her car with her hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel that her knuckles were now turning white.

After what happened last night she knew she had to put this part of her past behind her and in order to do that she had enter a building she had never been in except once with her mum.

Millie had been sitting outside Northampton prison for nearly 2 hours after driving that long to get there.

She had been debating about going in wondering whether it would do her any good or just make everything worse.

Lando knew. He knew everything but that came with the fact he was the one who helped her escape it all and was also the reason he was in the prison she was looking at.

Without Lando, Millie would still be stuck in the same vicious cycle with no way out.

After Max moved in, Lando assured Mille he would never tell her secret as it was her story to tell and hers alone.

And now Millie couldn't bring herself to lie to Max anymore because she knew she could never truly express her feelings for him without letting him know the whole her.

In one quick motion Millie released the steering wheel, took of her seatbelt and got out of the car. She knew it was now or never.

She locked her car after leaving her phone inside it that had several missed calls and worried text messages from Max.

She made her way inside quickly before her mind had time to comprehend what she was doing and make her turn back, get into her car and go back home.

The brown haired girl opened the door and let herself inside before walking over to the reception desk which was protected by a glass screen.

"Hello. I'm here to see Gabriel Young." Millie spoke as she stopped in front of the older looking security guard.

"Relation to the inmate?" The man asked her.

"He's my father."

—————

Millie sat on the other side of a glass screen protecting her from the inmates on the other side. She watched as a security guard opened the door bringing in the man she hadn't seen in over a year.

Millie picked up the phone on the wall and placed it between her ear and her shoulder waiting for him to do the same.

"Hi." Millie spoke as he picked up the phone with a smile.

"Look at you." Gabriel replied looking his only daughter up and down, a feeling that gave her a shiver down her spine.

"Don't do that." Millie shook her head in reply.

"You haven't visited since that first day with your mum. How is she by the way?" The older man wondered.

"Fine. Happy now without you. She's met someone. She lives in Italy now." Millie explained as she crossed one leg behind the other.

"Good. And you? How's my little girl?" Gabriel asked.

"Don't call me that. You're not my father. And never were. You were never a father, never mind a dad." The brown haired girl told him.

"So you don't wanna see me. Why are you here then?" Gabriel questioned in confusion.

"For closure. You've haunted my life ever since I was a child. You abused me in more ways that one. You know I haven't been in a relationship since it happened. But that ends now. I'm done with you and what you done holding me back." Millie told him growing more confident with each word.

"So you're here to say goodbye?" Gabriel asked.

"No. I'm here to say fuck off. Because you don't deserve a goodbye. You deserve to rot in here for the rest of your miserable life because no one cares about you. You could die tonight and no one would go to you're funeral. You're a scumbag and I'm done." Millie said before hanging up the phone and walked out of the room.

"Millie. Millie." She could hear his voice calling out as he banged on the glass before being held back by the guards.

Millie didn't stop walked after she dropped her visitor pass back at reception and was given her car keys and phone in return.

She walked quickly outside into the parking lot before getting into her car. The tears started rolling down her cheeks as she rested her forehead against the steering wheel.

She had done it. She was finally free. That was the closure she needed. Being able to say everything she ever wanted to say without him being able to touch her.

After letting all her tears out for a few minutes, she used a tissue to wipe her face and dry her eyes before getting ready to head home.

Now there was nothing holding her back from telling Max how she felt besides her own fears of being rejected.

—————

Thoughts? 🤔

I always had the thought of Millie having a rough past in my head before I started writing this book and now here it is.

Let me know what you think x

-ky❤️