18

The 2021 Formula One season was officially reaching its end with the championship going right down to the last race in Abu Dhabi.

Both Max and Lewis were tied on 369.5 points each making this one of the most exciting and tense title deciders ever.

On the other hand, Millie, Max and all the Quadrant gang were heading out to support their CEO and friend for his final race of the year.

"Okay. See you in Abu Dhabi." Millie said hanging up the phone as she walked over to join her friends.

"Who was that?" Max wondered wrapping his arm around Millie's waist.

"Luisa. She's getting on the plane now." Millie explained tucking her phone into the pocket of her shorts before cuddling into Max's side.

It was felt great for them both to be able to be themselves and a normal couple around their friends and in public now without fear of who would see.

"Millie, come look at the cute fish." Ria called out from a few feet away.

"Coming. Let's go." Millie said as she took Max's hand and walked over to where the groups had moved to.

"Isn't that so cute?" Ria asked pointing at the fish on the other side of the glass that had its face pressed up against it.

"Eh." Millie hesitated as she looked at the ugly looking fish.

"See, even Millie doesn't agree. The fish is weird looking." Niran said pointing at the fish causing everyone to laugh.

"You guys are mean. He's so cute." Ria replied as she started making fishy faces at the black and white fish.

"Oh god. Let's move on before she tries to kiss it." Aarav spoke taking Ria's arm and dragging her away with the rest of the Quadrant gang following behind.

—————

"My head hurts." Millie complained as she rested her back against Max's chest while sitting in between his legs on the sidewalk.

"Shhh. You're too loud." Niran told her.

The gang had made the bad mistake of going out last night in Abu Dhabi when they were meant to go to the track today to watch qualifying.

"Stupid pcr test." Max said as he wrapped his arms around Millie and cuddled his head into her neck.

The joys of covid meant that they had to be tested before entering the track which also meant being up early to get tested and get their results before being allowed to go to the track.

And knowing this while being out last night they made the stupid and unanimous decision of not going home before their 8am tests and now they were sat on the street waiting on their appointments in their clothes from last night completely hungover and still half drunk.

"It's 7:55. We better go in." Kate, Quadrant's social media admin, spoke looking down at her phone.

"Okay. Let's go." Ria said as she held her hand out to be pulled up by Steve.

"Me next." Millie told Steve as she held out her hands because she didn't have the energy to get up herself.

"Help." Max asked Millie with a smile. She held out her hand and made an attempt at pulling her boyfriend up. "I can't pull you up if you make no attempt to get yourself up."

"You're mean when you're hungover." Max spoke as he eventually got up before placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"Come on. Let's get swabs stuck up our noses." Millie faked enthusiasm causing the quadrant gang to laugh.

—————

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ended up being one of the most intense, tight and probably controversial ends to a title fight in the history of formula one.

It was one that would be talk about for years to come with everyone having their own opinions on how things should have ended and what should have happened.

But at the end of it all, Max Verstappen was still a Formula One world champion for the first time in his career and the season was officially over.

Millie was now in her hotel room getting ready with Luisa for going out tonight. The two girls were dancing around, listening to music while doing their hair and make up.

"You excited for tonight?" Millie wondered as she emerged from the bathroom after checking her make up in the bright lights of the mirror.

"Yeh I kinda am. Just hope that there will be no press around." Luisa replied as she continued to curl her hair.

Her and Lando were keeping their relationship pretty private at the minute with a plan to tell the world in the new year, wanting to enjoy a few weeks of Lando's break together before being hounded by the press.

Everyone completely understood and respected their privacy, especially after seeing how people reacted after pictures were leaked from their holiday in Greece during summer break.

"It'll be fine. I promise." Millie assured the Portuguese girl as she hugged her from behind, carefully not to burn herself on the curling iron Luisa had.

"Thanks Millie." Luisa smiled in reply.

The two girls got extremely close very quickly due the fact Millie was one of Lando's best friends and were extremely similar in many ways, making it easy for Luisa to get on with the British girl.

"Now, let's go have fun." Millie exclaimed as she grabbed her outside that was laid out on the bed and swung it around as she danced to the music on the way to the bathroom.

—————