16

Millie arrived back home that night and it was now dark outside. Both Lando and Max's cars were there telling her the two boys were inside most likely with Pato.

She got out of her car and opened the front door with her legs letting herself inside the house.

"Millie?" She heard as she closed the front door behind her.

Both Max and Lando appeared in the front hall after entering from the kitchen. Max was the first to reach the brown haired girl pulling her into a hug.

"Where the hell have you been?" Max asked as he wrapped his arms around her taking in the familiar smell of her perfume.

"I'm sorry. I had to do something." Millie told him as he pulled away from her.

"Millie?" Lando asked causing her to look over at him.

"I did it." Millie said causing Lando to smile proudly immediately knowing what she meant.

"You did?" Lando wondered still smiling.

The pair had talked many times about Millie confronting her father for what he did after she moved in with him after he was arrested.

"I did." Millie confirmed before Lando pulled her into a hug of his own lifting her in the air causing her to laugh.

"Okay I'm confused." Max spoke up as Lando placed her back on the ground.

"You don't have to. Not until you're ready." Lando told Millie.

"Yeh I do. He deserves to know." Millie assured the F1 driver.

"Okay. I'm gonna go back into Pato. We'll get food when you guys come down." Lando replied before turning and walking into the kitchen.

"Come on. I've something to tell you." Millie said as she took Max's hand and led him upstairs towards her room.

—————

Max and Millie had been upstairs for over half an hour with Millie telling Max everything that had happened right up to visiting her dad in prison today.

"Millie." Max breathed out not sure exactly what to say.

"It's okay. I didn't tell you for sympathy. I just thought you should know." Millie replied as she stood up and wiped her sweaty hands down her legs.

"Millie." Max said again as he stood up.

He took Millie's hand in his own forcing her to turn around and look at him. She noticed his eyes flickering down from her eyes to her lips and back up.

"Max." Millie spoke both of them immediately understanding what was happening without saying anything.

In one quick motion, their lips were connected and Millie's arms were wrapped around his neck bringing him closer and the kiss deeper.

Max reached down and lifted her legs so they wrapped around his waist. He walked until her back was pressed against the wall as his lips travelled down from her lips to her jaw and then neck.