ㅤㅤ009ㅤten steps back.

chapter nine.
ten steps back.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ What does one do when they're not working? The question plagued Da-hee, she lay in bed, already having texted Ha-ri, hoping to send her some luck and somehow get through today

But how was Da-hee going to do the same? She first spent hours picking an outfit, she had limited clothes but it still somehow took two hours. Then she took another getting ready, or was it the other way around─

Da-hee wasn't sure, anyways, she went down, ready to take on the day. Sung-hoon was sitting by the table, "You're here?" Da-hee asked, surprised yet delighted by his arrival.

"Came to check on you." He laughed, prepping her plate, putting her favorites. "Thank you." She smiled, beginning to eat.

"Any news on my aunt?" Da-hee asked hesitantly, hoping for the best. "Nope." Sung-hoon disappointedly replied. "But I'm sure they'll find something soon." He assured her, putting more food on her plate.

"She's all I had." Da-hee held it together, not wanting to break down every time. "Well now you have me, grandpa─" He smiled at her. "Tae-moo?" He smirked, lightening the mood.

"Grandpa told me." Sung-hoon replied in a sing-song voice. "Nothing! He told you nothing!" Da-hee quickly scarfed down the food before leaving.

"I'm telling you, nothing happened!"

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ Da-hee sat on her bed, running out of her room whenever the front door opened ── waiting for Kang Tae-moo. She needed to clear up last night, she couldn't relax until she did. Her phone buzzed, glancing at the screen, she saw Ha-ri's numerous messages.