ㅤㅤ014ㅤas madly as you do.

chapter fourteen.
as madly as you do

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ  Da-hee hadn't slept this comfortably in days

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ  Da-hee hadn't slept this comfortably in days. She woke up feeling great, better than she had ever felt. Even as she sat in bed, contemplating her day, she didn't feel dread, the kind she woke up feeling in her own home.

As soon as the girl was able to pull herself out of bed, her first task was to check in on her aunt. The woman was still unconscious, but knowing she was safe and away from their family, helped Da-hee relax, and feel unharmed.

"Good morning aunt." She entered the room and opened her curtains, the nurse shortly came in after to register the medicines. "Is she doing well?" Da-hee asked, to which the nurse returned a smile.

"She's simply exhausted, she'll wake up soon." The nurse answered, and the young girl nodded before leaving. Da-hee headed down for breakfast and made herself comfortable between Tae-moo and grandpa.

"Will you be returning to work?" Tae-moo asked her, awkwardness still shadowed their relationship but Tae-moo had ultimately absolved Da-hee of her past misdemeanour. "Why would you ask─"

"Can I?" Da-hee interrupted the elderly man, who seemed stunned. "You want to work again? For him? Right now?" The man questioned, looking between the two.

"I do." She smiled, "If doing that makes everything feel normal." She replied shyly, the Da-hee who was first given this job would also be shocked just like the men sitting at the table.

"Well okay." Tae-moo hesitantly allowed. "Then go get ready."

Da-hee was waiting in the car while Sung-hoon and Tae-moo dealt with Young-seo 's creep. She'd told Da-hee the main details of the night while she drove her home, and Sung-hoon filled her in on the rest.

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ  Da-hee would have killed him if she was in the same room, so she decided to stay. She peaked out, seeing Tae-moo accompanied by Sung-hoon and the creep following them as well, pleading.