Chapter two:The weirdo on maple street

EDITED

✪ ✪ ✪ = Time skip

The two kids make it to one of the boys houses and sit on the couch, listening to the boys talk among themselves.

The boys turn around and ask, "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" He speaks, looking at Four.

The boys start to talk on top of each other.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" One of the boys tries to reach out and touch Eleven, and Four puts their arm up again to protect her.

"Stop it! You're freaking them out!"

"They're freaking me out."

"I bet they're deaf." The boy with a baseball cap claps right in Four's face, making them jump. "Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, all right? They're scared and cold." The one boy in the middle says. He seems to be very fond of the kids.

They could hear thunder, and it made them jump. At this point, anything made them scared.

The nice boy came back with some clean clothes. "Here, these are clean. Okay?"

Four grabs them slowly and puts them up to their faces.

Eleven stands up, about to take her shirt off. Four reached to keep Eleven's hands down, and it looks like so did the middle boy.

"No, no, no, no!"

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

"Privacy?" Four mumbles

The boy was quick to respond. "See over there? That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?"

The kids nod. Four picks up the clothes and heads towards the bathroom. Eleven walks in last to see the middle boy, closing the door.

Eleven quickly grabbed the door, making the boy visibly confused. "You don't want it closed?"

"No," Eleven says in a quiet yet hearable voice.

"Oh, so you can speak. Okay well... Um, how about we just keep the door?" He closed the door so just a crack could be seen. "Is this better?"

Before Eleven protests, Four speaks up, "Yes."

Four starts to change while Eleven looks around. Four starts to think.

The boy with the cap seems to be a little more imaginative than the other boys. He had puffy curls in his hair. It looked like he had no teeth. She could hear him talking outside.

"This is mental." He speaks.

The boy in the middle had gentle eyes and fluffy hair. He seemed more based on common sense than what's really going on or what others think.

"At least they can talk."

"The one said 'no' and 'yes.' Your three-year-old sister says more."

The last of the boys says he was probably the most down-to-earth a 12-year-old could be. He was dark-skinned and probably smart, but in a dumb way, if that makes sense.

"The other one said 'privacy'."

"She tried to get naked."

"But the other one stopped her."

"Sure, but there's something seriously wrong with them. Like wrong in the head."

"She went like..." Four heard a tiny thump.