Chapter seven: The Bathtub Part 1

Mike brought me and El into the bathroom to clean us up.

I had to admit I had developed feelings for the boy but I had enough mind powers to know he didn't feel the same. It was different for my sister though.

He had a crush on her and it was easy to tell.

When he finished cleaning me, I left the bathroom to hang out with Dustin.

Me and Dustin were talking about D&D when Lucas' voice came over the supercomm.

We couldn't quite hear him so I picked up the supercomm to try and get a better signal while Dustin ran to the bathroom to get Mike and El.

He opened the door and I immediately knew what they were about to do but I'm guessing Dustin didn't because he didn't even studer when he said "Guys! It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble."

Dustin ran back to me followed by Mike and Eleven.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin snatched the supercomm from my hands.

"Yeah." Mike replied looking in to my eye I quickly looked down to avoid the boy seeing my flushed cheeks.

"What if he found it?" Dustin finished while giving Mike the supercomm.

Mike tried to listen into it but was having a hard time. "What's he saying?" Mike asked Dustin.

"I don't know, he's way out of range." Dustin answered exasperated.

Mike brought the supercomm up to his lips and spoke into it. "Lucas, if you can hear us slow down. We can't under stand you."

"'Mad hen.' does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something" Dustin asked thinking he cracked what Lucas was saying.

"The bad mean are coming!" I heard. "Bad men." I repeated.

Mike looked at me with wide eyes and back at Dustin. "Bad men!"

"Stay here." Mike demanded.

Me and El nodded. He looked at me making eye contact. I quickly looked down feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

After a few minutes the boys ran down. Dustin grabbed my hand and Mike grabbed El's while we ran out of the house.

The boys grabbed there bikes and we all ran up the hill at the side of the house.

I hopped on Dustin's bike and El hopped on Mikes. We paused and looked at the bad men.

Me and Papa, the man I hated most on the whole planet locked eyes but his eyes redirected to El because she was the favorite.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin yelled in my ear and we rode off.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God." Dustin continued yelling.

"Dustin!" I heard Lucas through the headset Dustin was wearing. "Dustin, do you copy?" He continued.

"Yeah, Lucas they're on us."

"Where are you?"

"Cornwallis."

"Meet me at Elm and Cherry!"

"Copy. Elm and Cherry!"

"Okay." Mike added and we made a turn into someone's lawn soon riding off their drive way to find the vans right on their trail.

"Shit!" Dustin cursed.

"This way, come on!" Mike yelled.

We rode into someone's backyard almost running into two kids.