Chapter three: Holly, jolly

EDITED

Y/N's POV

The next morning, El was playing with the supercom while I pretended to watch her, but really I were listening to the boys talk.

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us a few hours for Operation Mirkwood." Mike said, once again, that the topic of school caught my attention.

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?"

"Just trust me on this, okay?"

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?"

"Yeah. Binoculares... from Nam. Army knife, also from Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana, and the wrist rocket"

"You're going to take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" I chimed in.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon is not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm going to shoot it in the eye." Lucas shot the sling, causing everyone in the room to jump, "-and blind it."

Mike sighed and moved on. "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin smiled, grabbed a backpack full of snacks, and poured them out on the table. "Well, alrighty. So, we got Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

I smiled at the dorky smile he had on his face. I knew Lucas and Mike would blow up on him, but I don't know why. I can see where he's coming from; why wouldn't they?

"Seriously?" Lucas said in an unimpressed tone.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them." Dustin said, pointing to me and El.

"She shut one door!" Lucas yelled, not even acknowledging me. Lucky for me, Dustin had my back.

"She did it without touching it. And Y/N got into your mind. Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff they could do. I bet one of them could make this fly!"

He grabbed a toy space ship and stood in front of El. "Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He said this before dropping it, expecting it to float in mid-air.

"Once more, concentrate." He dropped it again before moving to me.

"Okay, how about you?" He dropped it again while Lucas whispered, "Idiot."

"Okay, one more time. Okay. Use your powers, okay?" When he said that, it made me feel bad for him, so I sighed and sat up, making him gain some confidence.

He dropped it, and before it hit the floor, my hand raised, and it was surrounded by a glowing purple smoke. my hand was raised along with the ship.

my hand moved in a few twirls, and the ship followed the movements before dropping.

Mike ran over to the ship to put it away.

As he grabbed it, he said "I'll admit that was pretty cool. But they're not dogs."

I looked at Dustin and smiled, and he quickly returned the gesture. Lucas just rolled his eyes.

"Boys! Time for school!" Mike's mom yelled.

It was like the boys forgot everything that just happened as they packed up their things for school.

Mike came up to me and El. "Just stay down here. Don't make any noise, and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"