Chapter six: The Monster

E/C=Eye color
H/C=Hair color

Y/n's POV

"Nancy!"

"Hello?" I yelled, trying to get the person's attention.

"Nancy?" He yelled once more.

He continued yelling the girl's name. Once I found him, he was kneeling in front of a glowing tree with a flash light.

"Hello?" I asked, and he turned around, probably scared.

"W-Who are you?" He studied out.

I looked at the tree and back at him. It was a portal to the upside-down.

"I'm going to get Nancy." I told him.

He moved aside, and I crawled into the tree.

Once I was in, I walked around for a minute before seeing a Demogorgon.

Nancy's Pov

I was hiding behind a tree. I was a weird world. It was so much colder and... slimy.

There was this monster thing, and it was right next to me.

I didn't want to die, but what choice did I have?

Suddenly, a purple smoke-like thing surrounded the monster, and it was thrown into another tree.

I moved from behind the tree and looked. There was a little kid with glowing eyes and blood dripping down her nose.

They looked at me. "Nancy?" They asked.

"Yeah, I'm Nancy." I spoke. How did they know my name?

"I'm Y/N. I'm going to get you out. Just stay calm." They said it in a low, calm tone.

I nodded and walked over to them, and they grabbed my hand. I jumped a little at the contact.

They looked at me with a questioning look. I nodded my head, and their eyes glowed purple again.

I heard the monster growl from behind us. I turned, and it looked straight through us. After a second, it just walked away.

I looked back down at the kid, and they let out a sigh as their eyes turned back to a beautiful E/C color.

They started walking, and not long after, we got to a glowing tree.

Y/N's Pov

I lead the girl, Nancy back to the tree through the portal thing, trying to keep calm for her sake and mine.

"Go," I say, pointing to the tree. She looks at me, crouches down, and sticks her hand through the tree, the portal thing.

She groaned while the boy pulled her through the tree's portal thing.

Once I saw her all the way through, I crawled through.

I sat on the ground, catching my breath, and watching the two hug before turning to the tree and portal thing.

Right as it was about to be closed, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Will was in there!

I turn and start banging on the tree.

"No! No! No!" I scream.

Nancy turns and looks at me like I'm crazy, but maybe I am.

Tears were streaming down my face while the boy pulled back my shoulders to look at us.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Nancy asked.

"No, I have to save him!" I screamed, trying to turn back around towards the tree, but he had a grip on me.

"Who?" He asked. "Who, Y/N?" Nancy added.

I look between them before getting up and running like hell out of there. (If you get it, I love you.)

✪ ✪ ✪

That night, I found a fallen tree to sleep under, but I didn't sleep at all.

I was so filled with guilt. I could've stayed in there with Nancy and they boy.

Once the sun came up, I continued walking. I had nowhere to go except Mike's house, but I was far from there.

After about 3 hours of endless walking, I ran into Eleven; she was carrying four boxes of eggs.

I was confused but didn't ask questions; I was too hungry.

We sat down in between two trees and ate the eggs.

We were eating the eggs when we heard Dustin and Mike yelling our names. We got up and started to hear the sound clearer.

We had a hard time finding them, but when we did, Dustin was being held by that Troy boy from the school with a knife to his throat, and Mike was about to jump off the cliff.

Me and Eleven looked at each other and back at Mike. The boys all ran to the edge.

While El caught Mike with his powers, I made a little ledge with my powers. Eleven slowly lowered Mike on to my ledge as I lifted him back to the ground. He landed on his butt behind the boys.

All of the boys turned to look at us as we walked closer. El stopped as I turned invisible and walked behind the boy, whom I think was James.

I put my hand next to his head and shot a purple wave of energy into it.

"Oh, my god!" He yelled, pointing at something that only me and him could see. I made him see it.

"What? What, James?" Troy asked while yelling.

"Oh, my god!" He screamed once more before running away. I walked over to Eleven.

Eleven moved her head to the side, and I heard a crack as Troy screamed and grabbed his arm. "She broke my arm! My arm!"

"Go." El and I spoke in unison, blood pouring out of our noses.

Dustin turned around and said, "Yeah, that's right! You better run! They're our friends, and they're crazy! You come back, and they will kill you! You hear me? They'll kill you, you sons of bitches! They'll kill you, you hear me?"

You look over at El right as she faints on me. I caught her and slowly lowered her to the ground, also putting her head on my lap.

Dustin and Mike ran over to you two. "El? Y/N? Are you okay?" Mike asked.

I just nodded my head, out of breath, but Eleven started crying. "Mike, I'm sorry."

I were very confused because this just came out of nowhere, so I sat there while I caught my breath and zoned out, thinking about everything that's happened over the past day.

I zone back in as El gets pulled off my lap and into Mike's arms.

Dustin grabbed my arm and pulled both of us into a hug.

✪ ✪ ✪

Me, El, Mike, and Dustin made it back to Mike's house thinking we were safe, but little did all of we know there was someone watching.

A man in a Hawkin's Power and Light van brought a wakie to his mouth and spoke into it.

"I have eyes on 'em now. They're heading home."

Lucas sat in a tree, watching as multiple Vans pulled out and away from Hawkins lab.

We walked in the basement door, but I stopped getting a gut feeling to look behind me, so naturally I did, but there was nothing there, or so I thought.

✪ ✪ ✪
A//N: If you haven't read my A//N chapter, you should know that starting next chapter and soon the whole book, I will be changing Y/N's pronouns to They/Them pronouns just so everyone is comfortable reading this book. Also, Thank you so much for over 200 reads; it means a lot to me. Sorry, but I just love ending you guys on a cliffhanger. This chapter had 1223 words.

-til next time, daisies (suggests for nicknames funny or cute?)