[ 005 - 006 ]

005 ;

A ROYAL
VISITATION

▂▂▂▂▂▂

YOUR BLISSFUL SLUMBER HAD been unfortunately disrupted the sound of the intercom blaring loudly at six in the morning, "Miss L/N, please proceed to the front lobby of the palace by seven-o-clock." You groaned in response, stirring a little bit more in your sheets.

It was a good thing you passed on staying up late with your fellow bodyguards and spend the rest of the night in the comforts of your bed. Shoving your futon aside so you could get out of your bed, you made your way to the door before the intercom could produce another agonizingly painful screeching sound.

You pressed the button and spoke to the intercom, "This is Y/N L/N. May I know what's the rush?"

"Prince Armin has informed us that he wishes to leave the premises this early in the morning," the intercom blasted back.

"Very well. I shall meet him in the front lobby by seven." You stepped away from the small communication device, shaking your head at it with disappointment. "Guess you're my alarm clock in this place, huh?"

Of course, you weren't expecting a response from a lifeless piece of technology, so when a drowsy voice spoke in its place, you jumped and hit your forehead on the wall. "Expect that darn thing to screech at you this time in the morning," Mikasa went before yawning.

You massaged the spot that hit the wall, pouting a little as you stared at your roommate. "It's not a problem to wake up this early in the morning," you lied, trying to act like a pro when in reality, you weren't even close to being an early bird. "In fact, I'm quite used to this."

"Your reaction to the intercom says otherwise," Mikasa pointed out with a sleepy smile. "Don't worry, I am also not an early waker. In fact, in the whole palace, the only people who I'm aware that wake up during this hour are Princess Annie, Sir Levi, and King Erwin."

Not surprised.

You raised an eyebrow. "I see. Does Prince Armin usually go outside?"

"Oh, I thought you knew already. Well, out of all four siblings, he's the one who'd most likely stay at the palace for the whole day."

You sighed in relief. He's much more similar to me than I thought, you told yourself as you felt your anxiety leave your body. "Thanks for that, Mikasa. I better go to the bathroom now—"

"You should," she interrupted, yawning once more before succumbing to her drowsiness, her head resting back on her pillows. "See you later, Y/N. Hope you'll be safe."

"Thanks," you gladly replied, grabbing your towel and bathing essentials and tiptoeing to the bathroom inside your room to take a nice, relaxing shower.

▂▂▂▂▂▂

By the time you got to the front lobby, Prince Armin was already there, leaning against the wall with his hands burrowed into the pocket of his jeans. He wore a beige sweater as his top and sneakers for shoes. As always, he had that same stoic and empty expression on his face, yet his eyes were like lasers that cut deep into you. You approached him cautiously, bowing down to him, him promptly returning it. "Your Majesty, if you don't mind me asking—"