[ 022 - 023 ]

022 ;

A SWEET
SERENADE

▂▂▂▂▂▂

RIGHT AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR paper, you decided to check on Prince Armin to see if he was already up by nine in the morning. You assumed he had been working on the song he had told you about late at night so he probably wouldn't be up by now—and you were definitely right.

The door threw open after so many knocks and you slid inside the crack, meeting a drowsy and half-awake Armin the moment you entered. When you greeted him at first, he didn't even respond, so you took his hand and led him back to his bed, which seemed to jolt him awake.

He blinked and looked around obliviously before he set his eyes on you, smiling and leaning in to plant a kiss on your cheek. For some reason, his breath smelled like mint and definitely not morning breath. So was he awake previously...?

"Good morning, Y/N," he yawned as he fell back into the pillows. "Mind joining me here in bed?" He scooted over to the wall before patting on the now empty part of his bed.

You obliged, lying down next to him before lifting your head and pulling him into a passionate kiss. When you pulled away, you put your head back into the pillows, sliding close to him for a cuddle.

"Have you been up all night working on your song?" you softly asked, resting your head on his chest. "How's your song going?"

You felt his hand run through your hair affectionately before you heard him sigh, "It's almost done. Do you want to hear it?" You nodded your head eagerly, looking up to meet his shiny sapphire hues. "I have the manuscript on my desk. Can you get it for me?"

He unwound his arms from you and let you slide down the bed. You made your way to his desk, pausing for a moment to admire how clean and minimal it looked despite the few books stacked on one side. There was a piece of paper on the desk and you took it in your hands, not even bothering to glance at it. You only decided to study what was written when you got back down the bed, although it was written in a language you couldn't even read.

"It's in Japanese!" you exclaimed, your eyes enlarging with astonishment. You heard Armin chuckle with amusement. "You're fluent in that too?"

"Yeah," he responded, sneaking his arm under your neck and draping it over your shoulder as he turned to his side so he was facing you. "I know a lot more other than German and Japanese. English for example, and French too. Tu mérites le monde, mais comme je ne peux pas te le donner. Je te donnerais la deuxième meilleure chose, mon monde."

You blinked, amazed, and bewildered at the same time. "What does that mean?"

"It means"⁠ —he brings his face closer to you, his eyes locking with yours⁠— "you deserve the world, but because I can't give it to you, I'll give you the second-best thing in this world⁠—my world." You grinned and jumped on top of him, succumbing to the tenderness of his lips as you pressed yours against his.

You pulled away a minute later, lightly panting. After recollecting your breath, you rested your head and your hands on his chest, closing your eyes. "Armin Reiss, can you sing for me now?"

"I can sing for you anytime, my love." With that, he brought the paper up to his face and began to sing.