[ 025 - 026 ]

025 ;

PILLOW
TALK

▂▂▂▂▂▂

YOU WOKE UP AN hour later, right when you heard a cellphone ringing from Armin's nightstand. You glanced at the prince's face, finding that he looked unbothered and still in a deep slumber even though his phone was blasting out L's Theme from Death Note at full volume. You sighed, reaching out for the phone and looking at the caller ID before answering it.

Unknown Caller ID. Strange. You answered it nevertheless.

"Hello?" you croaked out as you brought his phone to your ear. There was muted silence before you heard noise.

"Is Armin there?" went a low masculine voice from the other line. "I need to talk to him."

You frowned, gazing at Armin, who was still asleep (or he could be pretending). "I'm afraid you'll have to call back. He's asleep right now. May I know who this is?"

You heard a sigh from the unknown person. "I'm... an old friend of his. Oh, and is that so? Never mind, please don't tell him I called. Thank you very much."

You blinked in stupefaction, but right as you were about to ask what his name was, you were interrupted by the dial tone. Placing your boyfriend's phone back onto the nightstand, you felt him stir in his sleep, a low-pitched whine following promptly after before his eyes slowly opened.

"Did I hear you talking?" he asked, his voice still raspy due to his previous state. "I swear I could've heard you talking."

You pursed your lips. Should you tell him? You didn't really want to lie to him, although you also didn't want him to worry much. "You did? That's strange."

He gave you a smile with half-lidded eyes before yawning. You giggled slightly, pulling the sheets up even more to cover your shoulders. Armin noticed and softly asked, "Are you cold, baby?"

You nodded, giving him a small smile as he leaned towards you and planted a kiss on your forehead and another on your cheek. "Want me to warm you up?" Not so pleasant thoughts slipped into your brain, although you were relieved when you felt his hands wrap around you and pull you closer to him, providing you some of his warmth.

"Y/N," you heard him mutter as you turned to your side so that you were face to face with him, "if I told you to resign from being a bodyguard so you can return to your old life and we can finally date normally, will you do it? I mean, I know as king I'm only supposed to date royals, but nobles aren't against now, are there?"

You only blinked at him, your expression unwavering as if you were unfazed by his offer. "I want to marry you, Armin," you responded in a hushed tone as you began drawing circles on his chest, "but I don't want to stop being your bodyguard. I don't want anyone replacing me because I don't know if their intentions are good or bad or if they'll even do a better job than I am at protecting you. And you know I didn't take this job up... just to suddenly end up as your wife."

Um, shit?

His expression changed—one that showed how hurt he was with what you said, so you decided to add, "What I meant was, maybe it's too early for us to get married now, especially since I've just started working here quite some time ago. But if the time becomes ripe and our relationship has matured enough, then I will resign and we'll get married. Besides" —you looked up and met his blue eyes— "we still have a lot of time to spend together."