[ 020 - 021 ]

020 ;

A FAMILIAR
FACE

▂▂▂▂▂▂

IT WAS ALREADY THREE in the afternoon by the time you arrived in the palace. Sadly, you were immediately called to Hange's office the moment you stepped out of the car. This, of course, saddened Armin, although he could not do anything but nod and tell you to come upstairs afterward. You gulped nervously when you saw the mischievous glint in his eyes, trying to convince yourself that you did not see anything.

After placing your bags in your room, you proceeded to Hange's office, which was only down the hallway on your left. You knocked on the door, hearing a grunt, followed by, "Name and purpose."

"Y/N L/N," you replied politely. "I've been summoned...?"

The doors opened and you stepped inside, clutching on the paper bag you were holding onto tightly. You heard the doors shut behind you, urging you to walk forward to the table Hange was in, busy with paperwork. There was another table beside them which was Levi's you assumed since he was sitting there. You took out the boxes of Vanderheim chocolates that you had bought for both of them, carefully placing them down on their tables.

Hange looked up from their paperwork and gasped when they saw the small gift on their table. "Oh my god!" they exclaimed, grabbing the box of delicacies and shaking it like it were maracas. "I just love milk chocolate!"

"I'm lactose intolerant," Levi nonchalantly hissed as he glared at you. "But I suppose a few trips to the toilet wouldn't hurt."

Hange shot him a grin. "I'll eat all of them!" He cleared his throat and cocked his head towards you, and they pouted. "Oh, right. Y/N, I would like a formal written report of your observations and activities in Vanderheim. This will be of a big help for our security's further improvement. Make sure to include any suspicious sightings as well, and it may include your own personal experiences. If you need a format to copy, there should be references in that shelf over there."

Your eyes followed to wherever their finger was pointing to, which was the lowest compartment of the shelf beside you. "Yes, boss," you respectfully responded before getting on your knees and scavenging through the folders. You just took one that had FORMAL REPORT 201X. Quite outdated, although it looked like the most comprehensive and helpful for your report.

"Oh, you found one already?" the head of bodyguards asked with an amused tone. "Great, then I recommend you start working on it. I want it done by October 18, two days from now. If you're done and want it printed out, you may hand me your USB and I'll do it for you. You are dismissed, Miss L/N, and thanks again for the chocolate!"

You bowed your head to your two superiors before exiting the room, making your way back to your own, which upon reaching, found Mikasa sitting on her bed as she was applying some lotion. Her eyes widened when you entered, briefly followed by a warm smile. "Oh, look who's back! How's your vacation? Were you able to relax or was the prince a headache?"

We started dating, you wanted to tell Mikasa, laughing at the back of your head. "Hmm, yeah, totally," you lied, unable to contain a grin. "He even made me so frustrated." Or rather, King Erwin frustrated both of us.

Your roommate's eyebrow shot up, hinting how baffled she was by the sudden chuckle you let out. "Alright. Oh, you have a written report to do, huh? Can I see?" You handed her the file, watching as she scanned her eyes through it. "This is Kenny Ackerman's report on Zeke Reiss. Look, it even has his photo on it."