𝟎𝟒: 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

WELL, NOW, IF YOUR BABY LEAVES YOU,
AND YOU GOT A TALE TO TELL,
WELL, JUST TAKE A WALK DOWN LONELY STREET,
TO HEARTBREAK HOTEL.

WELL, NOW, IF YOUR BABY LEAVES YOU,AND YOU GOT A TALE TO TELL,WELL, JUST TAKE A WALK DOWN LONELY STREET,TO HEARTBREAK HOTEL

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Five in the morning. This is the quietest hour at Andromeda Hotel. Well... Ordinarily, that is.

Holly emerges from the employee's room, her heels clicking loudly, her palm glued to her forehead. "Ottie!" She exclaims and before I could ask her why she looks like a deer in headlights, she pulls me into the room by my arm. "You have to see this!"

Oliver, too, stands bewildered in the middle of the room when Holly pushes me in further. He lifts his head to look at me pale, with wide eyes.

"What the hell's going on?" I narrow my eyes, but neither of them answer. Holly loosens her tight grip on my arm, and joins Oliver to stare at whatever they're seeing under the table, on which the coffee machine is sat.

My brain tells me not to look, the faces they're wearing makes it seem like a terrifying monster might be hiding there. I bite through and lean forward to finally get a glimpse under the kitchen table.

"Where did that come from?!" My head shots in Holly and Oliver's direction, but they're just as clueless as I am.

Oliver begins to stutter, "I ca-came to get c-coffee for my, for my love," he carefully brings his hand around Holly, "and then, and th-then I saw that!"

"What-" I shake my head. Someone rings the reception bell over and over, until I scorn. "Just give me a second. Look inside the maxi cosi, maybe there's a note or something!" I point under the desk and rush out of the employee's room with a sigh.

Though that same sigh gets stuck in my throat when I see that dirty blonde hair, and those pearly teeth in front of me. He smiles. Austin smiles, and I melt.

"Miste- I mean! Austin!" I breathe heavily, which he takes notice of, and immediately frowns.

"What's wrong?" His body leans forward, stretching his arms across the reception counter, and watching me turn redder and redder, every passing second.