𝑺𝟐/𝟎𝟑: 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

I WAS BORN STANDING UP,
AND TALKING BACK.

I WAS BORN STANDING UP,AND TALKING BACK

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

(THAT EVENING IN 225)

"What do you think you're doing?" Austin drags me inside his room, holding my wrist but completely unaware of it. From the looks of it, I can tell he's fuming, though I'm not exactly sure why.

I look up at him with a frown, trying to release my wrist from his grip. "Austin-"

"WHAT-" he tries keeping his composure with a deep breath, before restarting his question, this time a lot less angry. "what were you doing with him?"

I shrug, "Nothing!" Finally able to snatch my wrist away, he lets go when he takes another deep breath. "And what's it to you anyways?! I have a job to do!" I say and walk past him.

Austin follows me to the door I opened agape, and slams it shut again. I gasp.

"You're not going anywhere..." As he traps me between himself and the door, I gulp. "Until you tell me why the fuck you were doing with that bastard."

I sigh, my eyes roll, and I try my best to seem like I'm not absolutely melting under his gaze. "I told you, nothing! He stopped by the reception to ask if I wanted to have dinner and-"

"Dinner?!" Austin slams his fist against the door, right beside my face. I gasp again, this time my hands fly to his biceps out of reflex. Once he realizes, he softens his voice and leans down closer. "What did you say?"

Softly, "I said no." I whisper, looking down.

"Good." Austin sighs. His fist opens and finds my face. His fingers burn my cheek, my jaw, a part of my neck. I start trembling, and my tongue freezes.

I want to ask him why he cares, but am worried I already know the answer. It just seems impossible.