Chapter 1

10 years later...

Adam

"It's done," Greg said.

"Good. How about L'Amore?" I asked.

"It's done. You now own half of L'Amore. Cassidy's daughter still owns the other half of L'Amore," he confirmed.

"Good. I can't wait to see the look on her face once she realizes who bought her father's precious company and who now owns half of the farm she loves so much, L'Amore."

"What do you plan to do with the company and L'Amore?"

"I plan to use it to pay my dues," I said. "I'm going to give her exactly what she deserves."

Ten years ago, the daughter of Billionaire Leonardo Cassidy tore my heart out into pieces. She used me and discarded me like trash. I told her that one day she would be nothing but a body to warm a bed.

That day has come.

Anger flared inside me as I recall something I had spent the last ten years trying to forget.

Ally's face come to mind. Her youthful beauty. Her lovely face, golden fiery brown eyes, and lush red mouth... Mouth, I spent hours kissing.

Memories of the night we first made love came rushing in.

Then came that dreadful morning.

"Don't you understand. I don't love you. I never have. But when you confessed your love to me, I took pity on you and said why not. I told you what you wanted to hear."

"Adam, listen to me. Last night happened because I felt guilty about what happened to you. Having sex with you felt right to me. It's not a big deal. It was just sex. I feel so guilty about your accident. I was going to break up with you the day of your accident,"

"Adam, I don't love you. I came here for vacation, to have some fun. You provided a sense of adventure for me. I was never serious about us," she said.

Those were her exact words. I remember it to this day.

I snickered. Who am I kidding? I would never forget the day Allyson Cassidy or should I say Allyson Cortalez, broke my heart.

I clenched my jaw tightly.

Anger continued to flare inside me. I'm going to make Allyson Cortalez wish she never met me. I have thought about this day for the past ten years. The day where the great Cassidy Empire falls to the ground. I promised Allyson that, the day will come when her family will fall to the ground, and I will be the one to watch it happen. I've waited for so long for that to happen and finally it has. She is nothing now but a face and a body, just like I said to her.

I will posses her body. I will treat her like the whore she is. But even that is being too generous.

Ally

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Everything. Everything that my father owns is gone. Including half of the farm that my mother left me. L'Amore.

"I don't understand. How can that happen? How can he sell everything and still leave over twenty million dollars in debt? But you know I don't even care about his properties. All I care about is L'Amore."

"Your father was bankrupt. You signed everything over to your father. All your rights and claim as his only heir," Daniel said, my father's lawyer.

"What are you talking about? I did sign everything over to my father. Everything he owns. But you can damn well be sure that I wouldn't sign over half of L'Amore over to him. That was all I had left of my mother. She left that to me! I signed the papers relinquishing my rights in claiming anything he owns. Not that I'd want to inherit anything from him."