Chapter 25

Ally

I walked into the kitchen and found Adam preparing breakfast at the table.

"Hey, come sit," he said when he saw me approaching.

I'm so nervous and I don't know why. Adam is acting so different and it's making me anxious.

I'm still feeling awkward about what happened last night. I cannot believe I cried in front of him. I'm worried that he's going to start asking questions and I won't know what to say to him.

I forced out a smile and sat down on the chair he held out for me.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, not having the patience to wait.

"Let's eat first," he said.

"You're making me nervous," I admitted to him. "I don't know what's going on, but..."

"I know and I'll explain everything after we have breakfast, okay?" He said with a smile.

I sighed and nodded. "Okay."

Adam

I could tell that Ally is anxious and nervous about what it is I want to talk to her about. To be honest I am too. I don't know how she's going to react, but I'm hoping for the best.

"Can you tell me now?" She asked after we ate.

I chuckled. "You're really anxious huh?"

She bit her bottom lip and nodded.

I smiled. She's just so fucking cute and adorable sometimes.

"Alright come, let's sit over at the couch," I said, while grabbing her hand, as I led her over to the main room.

I chuckled once we were sitting at the couch. "Sweetheart, relax."

"I'm trying," she mumbled.

I laughed. "Listen, I want to say I'm sorry," she looked up at me, surprised with what I just said. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you," she started shaking her head.

"No, don't. It's okay, Adam," she started to say but I kissed her to silence her.

"Let me finish, querida. I was bitter and angry, and heartbroken and I wanted revenge, but the thing is... if I had admitted the truth to myself, it wouldn't have gone this far. You see honey, I don't hate you. I can never hate you, no matter what happened between us before, I was just hurt and it was easier to be angry than to feel hurt." Tears start to well in her eyes and immediately after, a tear escaped her, and I wipe it away with my thumb. "I realized now that by treating you like a mistress and doing this to you makes me no better than that bastard who physically hurt you."

"No. Don't say that. That's not true. You are nothing like him," she said strongly.

I smiled at her defending me from myself. "I don't want to be like him so I'm releasing you from our agreement."

Her eyes widen.

"I don't want you to be my mistress. I want us to try again. I want us to leave the past behind and start over. Well, I'm hoping that's what you want too. I want you to stay because you want to, not because you have to," I said.

Her lips quivered and trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Don't cry sweetheart," I said.

"Adam, I'm the one who's sorry. Sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry for all those awful things I said," she sobbed out.

"Shh... It's okay."

She shook her head. "No. It's not okay. I was cruel and you didn't deserve that."