Playdate

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

"Wak-"

"I'm up!" I said irritably.

"Oh, okay," Lina said  "Mommy said you need to take me to Ethan's house."

"Ugh, why can't mommy take you." I groan.

"Because she said you need to catch up with Ezra or whatever."

"Yeah, no not today," I say turning back over. "Ask Arlo."

"Okay," she says calmly, shrugging her shoulders and walking out.

A little too calm. The Lina I know would be begging and crying by now.

Oh well, maybe she's turned over a new leaf.

Maybe.

As I start dosing off again, I hear my door open with brute force.

"Azalea, get your ass up and take your sister across the damn street." my mom says.

" Mom it's so early please, I can't. I feel sick, please." I say begging, tears threatening to come out of my eyes. I'm being a brat but whatever.

"No, Lea get up," she says walking over to me, " And you feel fine," she says putting the back of her hand on my forehead, "get up, I'm not going to tell you again." She states walking out of my room.

Do you know that feeling when you want to take your little sister by her little pale neck and throw her into a laundry shoot? Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

*

"Lina, come on you little bitch!" I yell up the stairs.

"Lea!" my mom yells.

"Sorry," I yell back.

"Do you like my pretty outfit?" Lina asks excitedly.

"Yes, now let's go," I say, almost regretting being so rude to her, it's not like she can drive.

Keyword. Almost.

"You're gonna wear that?" She asks tilting her head judgmentally.

"Yes Adelina," I say squinting my eyes at her, "I'm going to wear this."

She makes an 'mm' sound and walks out of the door.

"Judgmental little bastard," I say under my breath.

"We're leaving mom!" I yell.

"Okay," she replies walking up to me, "let me know if you need anything."

"Yes ma'am," I say grabbing my keys.

"You're wearing that?" she asks tilting her head like Lina.

"Yes mother, I'm wearing this.

"  "Goodbye," I say walking out of the door before she could respond. I'm wearing a simple green crewneck and shorts, what's so bad about the damn outfit?  I'm going to supervise a playdate, not accept a Grammy.

*

"Okay Lina, thirty minutes, in and out, understand?" I ask turning my car off.

"Thirty minutes?" She asks whining.

" I'm not going to make it in the house before my time is up." She says pouting.

"Okay fine an hour," I say "Make it two and I won't tell mommy you were getting nasty in the pantry with Parker," she says confidently.