Grandma meets stripper

I woke up, sadly, to my mom telling people where to put things for this stupid party she was hosting later.  I roll over to check my bedside clock.

8:32 AM

I audibly groan.

"Somebody wake Azalea up!" My mom yells like a madwoman throughout the house.

I jump out of bed, grab my phone, and run to my bathroom before anybody can come inside my room.

Ah, I look like shit.
*

"What about this one," Owen says grinning, holding up a floral body con dress, "Grandma meets stripper."

"You know, if the party didn't start in 4 hours I might've laughed," I said snatching the dress from him and hanging it back up.

"Relax love, I was joking," he says tucking a strand of hair that fell out of my ponytail behind my ear.

"Owen, if I didn't know you personally and could see past your toxic tendencies, I probably would've fallen in love with you just now," I say smiling at him.

"Aw Lea, you've always had a way with words haven't you?" He says fake pouting.

"Lea! Look at this one!" Ry says holding a dress up.

Perfect.
*
I sit on my bed with just a towel on to put lotion on and sing loudly to Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray. Rylee's somewhere in this house getting ready, which is only slightly concerning.

I hear a knock at my door and I thoughtlessly said "Come in!"

"Your mom wan- oh"

"Shit sorry," Ezra says, turning around.

"It's fine, give me a sec," I say going to my bathroom. I slide on a pair of Calvin Klein boy shorts, a matching sports bra, and an old Alabama football t-shirt.

"Hey, sorry what were you saying?" I ask, walking back into my room.

"Your mom told me to give you this," he says handing me an envelope.

To: The Taylor Household
Azalea Taylor

I frown slightly, "thanks."

"Yeah, of course."

He clears his throat and leaves my room. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and took my shirt off, leaving me in my bra.

I sat down at my vanity and turned my straightener on.

I'm only straightening it for the occasion. Kinda.

"Who was in here?"

"Jesus Owen! You scared the shit out of me!" I say clutching my chest. "Do you ever knock?

"I'm sorry," he says laughing and walking towards me, "but who was in here Lea?" He asks, giving me a suggestive look.

"Oh my gosh Owen, you're so-l ''

"Handsome, courageous, pretty," he says cutting me off.

"Mm.... no I was actually gonna say hideous and annoying," I say giving him a toothy grin.

"Yeah yeah, you're not off the hook," he says in a playful tone plopping on my bed.

"It was just Ezra, Owen," I say applying concealer to my under-eye area.

"Mhm.. okay, why was he in here while you are half naked?"