The Reveal

AN: Well, ya girl finally finished writing this fic and I have decided to actually write a sequel instead of just continuing this story. You can thank me having to quarantine for finally getting things done. So needless to say, there will be lots more coming to you from this little au that seems to have taken on a life of its own. For now, I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

Dearest gentle reader, I must send felicitations to the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Basset. While Daphne has been a part of the King's Organization it is now her chance to shine in helping Mr. Basset with business dealings. But before they truly start making their mark as a couple in the organization, I would like to send them congratulations and stamina as they embark on the most exhilarating time in a young couple's life. I am of course talking about the honeymoon. Is there a more romantic notion? To leave society together finally leaving watchful eyes behind. While this author along with the rest of the underground will certainly miss its most remarked upon couple back in London perhaps we might find solace in the promise of the Bassets returning to us with a surprise.

But fear not dear reader, there is still plenty of excitement it seems to be had the rest of the season. It seems like the other favored debutante has gotten mixed up with a young captain. While this author isn't entirely sure what happened but it seems as though Miss Gibbs and Mister Bridgerton had a bit of fun themselves during the celebration of the season. Could romance finally be bubbling between the two?

~ LW

Katherine rolled her eyes as she tucked her phone into her pocket. When Genieve had shown her that feature in her latest dress, she had been thrilled. The latest event, a garden party thrown by one of the families that were deemed soldiers for the organization, was going well. She had arrived with her parents and soon Anthony had brought over a drink for her, requesting her to join him and Benedict with the woman vying for his younger brother's attention. Katherine couldn't quite read her father's reaction but her mother seemed to be thrilled.

Colin clinking his glass soon interrupted their light conversation. "Can I have everyone's attention?" He asked waiting for all eyes to turn on him. "I would like to make a small but rather important announcement." He continued once he had everyone's attention. "I have happy news to share. I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife, and she has accepted."

Katherine's eyes widened as she shared a look between the two brothers. Benedict looked confused at her and Anthony's reaction. He was happy for his brother after all, even if it seemed to be a bit sudden and not what he had expected out of his younger brother.

"Did you know about this?" Anthony asked Katherine.

She shook her head and as if sharing one brain cell they moved together to speak with Violet. Sticking an arm out to stop the two, Violet still kept a smile on her face. "People are watching, dears. Congratulate the happy couple. And Kitty," she turned to look at the younger woman, "don't you now have some business to tend to?"

Katherine gave a firm nod and plastered on a smile before leaving their side to go speak with the Featheringtons. The business negotiations had to begin and knowing the standing of the other family, it was not going to be great.

She remained off to the side, waiting for the crowd to disappear from around the couple before she made her way in. Portia noticed and stepped next to Marina but Katherine ignored the other woman completely. "Are you two sure you want to do this? Especially you, Marina?" She asked, turning to focus completely on the young woman.

"Kitty, I know she wasn't raised in the family but everything will be fine, I promise. I'm not even a big player in the organization." Colin answered.

"I just wanted to make sure that this decision wasn't made lightly. Because you are still a soldier for this organization. You are still a Bridgerton which makes life more dangerous than what most people are used to."