The Final Ball

Laughter filled Katherine's apartment. The two friends turned lovers lounged on her bed, wrapped around each other. Katherine wore only one of Anthony's shirts, legs draped on either side of him. He wore only his boxers, head resting on the inside of her thigh, hair mused from her fingers having been in his hair minutes ago.

"We really should be getting ready for your sister's ball, you know." She said as he turned his head to kiss her thigh.

He groaned, nipping her skin softly before soothing it with a kiss. "I can think of far more entertaining ways to spend our evening."

"It's the last one of the season." She leaned forward, tipping his jaw up so he would look at her. "And it's your sister. We can do whatever you've come up with some other time." She finally closed the rest of the gap that was in between them, kissing him deeply.

"All the more reason for us to not go. She will forgive us." He said in between kisses as he tried to lay her back down.

She smiled into the kiss before nudging him back so she could get out of bed. "But I have a deal to uphold and a new position to fulfill."

"The official announcement hasn't even come out yet and you've already been given Gibbs Communications, what more could you possibly uphold?"

"I am finally besting my father. I will not willingly give him something to complain about. Besides, maybe I just want to go dancing tonight." She said as she swayed, holding the garment bag up to her.

Anthony stood, taking the bag from her hands and draping it across the foot of the bed. "Then dancing you shall have." He pulled her into his arms and began to sway a little. "I'm proud of you, you know." He brushed his nose along hers before kissing her sweetly.

She smiled, bringing the hand that rested on his shoulder up to cup his jaw, her thumb moving to caress his cheek. "Thank you. For everything. I don't know what I would do if I did not have you in my life. But for now," she kissed him before pulling away, "you need to go so you can get ready."

"Kicking me out, huh?"

Katherine nodded, a playful smile on her lips matching his smirk as she backed up from where he was stalking towards her. "I'll never get ready in time with you here. You're too distracting."

"That would be you, dear." He said as her back finally hit the wall.

"Anthony..." She weakly warned as he gripped her waist to pull her close.

The moment their lips touched her fingers were in his hair as they kissed passionately. His hands moved down to her hips, caressing circles before his hands slid around to her ass, pulling her closer by gripping the muscle there. He knew this was going to be torture for the both of them but it would make for a more interesting evening. As he kissed along her jaw, he pulled the hem of the shirt of his she was wearing up to reveal her skin and gave her a small slap. The noise she made nearly undid him. He gripped her hips and kissed her fiercely before finally pulling her shirt off and backing away.

Anthony smirked at her as he watched as she caught her breath.

"You wanker."

"There you go, being distracting again. We have a ball to get ready for Kitty. I'll see you there." He smiled, pulling on his shirt and going around to pick up his trousers to put them on as he made his way out of her apartment.

Katherine let out a frustrated huff as she pushed herself away from the wall. It looked like she was going to need a cold shower instead.

It was the fullest skirt she had worn this season, yet when Genevieve showed her the dress, she had fallen in love with it. The color was such a rich purple and the way the satin flowed, matched just how easily she could move about in it. The flower details accented that she was a lady but the sharp edges of the neckline and the off-shoulder silhouette warned not to underestimate her.