The Aftermath

AN: This chapter gets a more Bridgerton-esque. I will be changing the rating on this series. If you would like to skip Anthony finally making good on his promise to Kitty about making her scream his name skip from "They fumbled into her flat..." to "Daphne and Simon's appearance..." Otherwise happy reading!

When Katherine arrived, the luncheon appeared to already be in full swing. Anthony had been right, something she wouldn't admit to, but the moment she entered the garden, people turned their heads to follow her every move. Mrs. Trowbridge caught her first, trying to get any sort of gossip but Katherine was tight-lipped as ever and made sure to focus on the woman's upcoming heist at the British Museum. Luckily once the conversation moved to work, she grew bored and Katherine was able to move on right into the arms of Lucy Granville.

"Oh, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." She exclaimed as she hugged her friend. "I wasn't sure if you would be invited."

Lucy gave Katherine a small squeeze before bringing her over to where Henry was talking with a small group. "I'm certainly glad we were. I came over to try and save you. You've been kept rather busy and so hopefully keeping company with Henry and I will allow you to have some sort of break. And if it doesn't, we'll get Weatherby to come help keep the others away."

Katherine laughed. "I don't know what I would do without you." She told Lucy before greeting Henry with a hug.

"Marvelous as always, Kitty." Henry smiled as he pulled back.

"Gen is a genius." Katherine smiled.

"Oh, speaking of Genevieve," Lucy said, "she and I were thinking of doing a girls' night soon. It's been too long and you need a break."

Katherine grinned at the thought. "Yes, please."

"Then I'll let her know and we'll come kidnap you." Lucy laughed with Katherine soon joining her.

"Why do I get the feeling that that laughter means trouble?" Benedict asked, making his presence known to the group.

"That's because it is, dear friend," Henry said with a small smirk.

"Well, with Kitty involved, one can never be sure." Benedict teased, causing the group to laugh and earning a small nudge from Katherine.

"It is good to see you, Benedict," Henry said, "I've missed you at the studio of late. You must join me for another drawing lesson. As I said, improvement is all a matter of practice."

"At least, that is the excuse he gives for coming home with paint in all kinds of peculiar places." Lucy flirted.

Katherine, however, looked puzzled at the second eldest Bridgerton son. Had he not told Henry about him and Ronan? She of course was sworn to secrecy by Ronan but from what she had heard things were going quite well between the two. She had even seen the drawing Benedict had done of her friend. It was a fantastic piece that captured him completely.

Benedict actually giggled, trying to not get a mental image of Henry covered in paint. It wasn't exactly great either with Katherine looking at him as if she was trying to pick up on a deep, dark secret.

"Have you not been drawing?" Katherine finally asked. "Well, drawing for fun, I mean. Your graphic designs are fantastic so I can only imagine your artwork outside of work."

"No, I've been practicing. I, uh, just haven't had the time to come by the studio lately." Benedict answered.

"Well, since your family's been keeping Kitty so busy, you should ask her to model for you sometime so you could get some practice at home," Henry said. "Speaking of which, when things calm down for you, I'd love to figure out when you could make a non-work-related visit to the studio."