The Resolution

AN: Hello! I apologize for missing a few weeks. But bar anything before I move I should be able to finish this fic in the next couple of weeks as there are only 2 chapters left. But don't worry there will be more of Anthony and Kitty, I'm just not sure when the next book in this series will be posted. Thanks so much for all the love and happy reading!

The moment Colin returned with the proof, Katherine couldn't keep the smile off her face. She thought she would have been done with Luca all those years ago with how he left but now this was her chance to end things on her terms. Walking into the office, she kept her head held high and her tablet clutched close. Legal was on standby. Katherine wasn't only going to shut her ex down but she was going to take her rightful place as head of the family company. Gibbs Communication was about to get a makeover.

"Oh good, just the people I wanted to speak to." She said as she walked into her father's office. Sitting in one of the chairs on the other side of the desk was Luca.

"Kitty!" Luca exclaimed. "I was hoping I would be able to run into you today. Your dad and I were just talking about last night and plans for our wedding." He reached out for her but she took a step to the side to make sure there was plenty of distance between them.

"Oh, were you at the concert last night?"

Luca cleared his throat. "Uh, no. I just heard about the stunt you pulled in trying to not marry me. Anthony, Kitty, really? Was it because you knew we were already on to your plan with Simon?"

Katherine smirked as she pulled up the files that Colin had sent her last night. She brought up one of the photos he had taken near the theatre. "Really, are you sure you weren't there? Because it sure does look like it. You even brought a date." She turned the tablet around to show her father.

She gasped for a bit of a dramatic effect as she swiped to the next picture, showing that the girl Luca was with was pregnant. "And what is this? You guys are expecting. Were you planning on leaving her, Luca? Were you planning on breaking up another family?"

He started to make excuses but she held up a finger to get him to stop before swiping once more to reveal the video. Howard Gibb's face dropped in horror before anger took over. Turning to look at the bumbling idiot Luca had become in trying to make up excuses, Howard yelled, "Get out of my office now! And don't ever ask me for any money again or come anywhere near this building or my daughter you poor disgrace of a man."

Luca looked up to Katherine, hoping she would say something, anything to allow him to stay. "Kitty, you can't really think that's the truth. She's, she's my sister."

Wrinkling her nose at the implications, Katherine pointed towards the door. "That's really not a good look if you're loving on your sister like that. You better go before we call security. I'm not that same girl you screwed over before. You can't pull one over on me. I fight back and I win. Now get out of here and stay out of my life as you should have done all those years ago."

"But, what about -"

"She's in a far better home than I could ever provide. She can find me when she wants to."

With one last look towards Howard, who just glared and pointed towards the door as his hand hovered over his phone, Luca finally left.

Once his office door was closed, Howard's father let out a sigh. "Kitty, I am so sorry."

"No." She said, whirling back around to face her father. "I'm not done with you yet." Stepping forward, she waved her tablet around. "I shouldn't have had to do this. I shouldn't have had to dig up proof for you to believe me that he was a liar. Matter of fact you should have gotten all of this before you sent him any sort of money and skimmed off from Hastings. You owe Simon an apology and the only way to make things right with me is to make me the head of Gibbs Communication without this marriage clause. I am in a happy relationship. We will see where it goes but I am more than ready to take over. You were counting down the days until retirement, were you not?"