Prologue

I frantically ran around my room searching for my bike helmet, I was planning on heading over to my friend Mike Wheeler's house to join in on a DnD campaign. I made friends with Mike, Lucas, Will, and Dustin at the start of middle school.

I peeked under my bed, hoping that it had just rolled under there by mistake. When I did so, my glasses fell off my face. I let out an annoyed sigh and put them back on. I decided to just ask someone if they had seen it, I was running out of time.

"Steve!" I called my brother's name down the hall. Yep, my brother is "The King of Hawkins High" Steve "The Hair" Harrington.

"What?!" He shouted with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

"Have you seen my helmet?" I responded, entering his room. Steve shot me a displeased look while pulling his gaze away from the mirror.

"Can't you just ride without it? All your friends do!" He spat.

"You're no help! Stop preparing to acquire a new STD and help me search for my damn helmet!" I retorted.

"Hey! Nancy's not like that, she's sweet-"

"Yeah, sure. Just answer my question."

"No, I have not seen your helmet, Y/n."

"That's all you had to say!" I sighed and exited his room. I glanced down at my watch, shit! I was going to be late. I let out an annoyed groan and hurled my backpack over my shoulder. I ran through the house shouting a quick goodbye to my parents while doing so. I hopped on top of my bike and sped over to Mike's house.

As I drove down Mirkwood, I heard some rustling in the bushes nearby. I thought it was probably just a raccoon or something, but throughout the bike ride, I kept glancing over my shoulder just to be safe. You never know what's out there!

I finally reached the Wheeler residence and tossed my bike in Mike's garage, a little out of breath from biking over there. I knocked quickly and impatiently waited for someone to answer the door. Mrs. Wheeler opened the door and began to speak, but before she could say a word I ran inside and down to the basement.

"Y/n!" Dustin cheered as I walked down the steps.

"Hey, guys!" I gleefully shouted as I plopped down into my usual seat.

"Now that [DnD name] is here, we can begin the campaign!" Mike announced. We all excitedly leaned forward as Mike began explaining the backstory behind our campaign, ready for whatever may lie ahead...