Chapter 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers (S1)

"The Demogorgon." Mike proclaimed, placing a figurine of the Demogorgon onto the D&D board. Everyone panicked, realizing we were about to be Demogorgon food.

"We're in deep shit!" Dustin shouted.

"Will, your action?" Mike asked.

"I don't know!" Will panicked.

"Fireball him!" Lucas shouted.

"Too risky, cast protection." Dustin retorted. The two argued back and forth for a bit, while Will glanced at me. I thought for a moment before mouthing the word "fireball" to him.

"Fireball!" Will shouted while rolling the d20. The die fell off of the table and everyone scattered to search for it.

"What is it?!" I asked, hoping someone had seen it.

"I don't know!" Will answered.

"Is it a 13?" Dustin questioned, ignoring Will's previous response.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Will shouted. I spotted the die lying underneath the couch. Right as I was about to announce my findings, Mrs. Wheeler burst through the basement door.

"Mom we're in the middle of a campaign!" Mike protested.

"You mean the end. It's fifteen after." Mrs. Wheeler insisted. Mike left the basement to try and persuade her, whilst I pushed the die closer, being careful not to change the number. It was a seven, shit.

"Guys!" I shouted. Will got to me first, since he was the closest.

"Does the seven count?" Will asked.

"It was a seven?" Dustin disappointedly questioned. Will and I nodded.

"Did Mike see it?" Lucas inquired.

"No," I responded.

"Then it doesn't count." Lucas finished. I sighed and placed the die back on the table. Dustin headed over to the leftover pizza box and held it up.

"Anyone want this?" Dustin asked. We all rejected the offer, so Dustin headed upstairs to offer the pizza to Nancy.

We all went out to the garage to grab our bikes. Dustin ate the last slice of pizza as we all picked up our bikes and made sure all of our things were accounted for.

"Something's wrong with your sister," Dustin told Mike.

"What're you talking about?" Mike asked.

"She's got a stick up her butt!" Dustin responded.

"It's cause she's dating that barf bag, Steve Harrington!" Lucas quickly realized his mistake, "No offense, Y/n!"

"None taken. She's turning into a real jerk." I said.

"She's always been a real jerk!" Mike insisted.

"She used to be cool! Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our Eldertree campaign–" Dustin began.

"That was four years ago!" Mike interrupted.

"Just sayin'" Dustin responded. Lucas, Dustin, and I all began to head home. Shortly after Lucas got home, Will caught up with Dustin and me. As we drove down Mirkwood, I couldn't help but feel a little bit uneasy. Dustin noticed my change in mood and looked over at me.

"You okay?" He inquired.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I quickly answered. Dustin gave me a nod and went back to paying attention to the road. With Dustin around I felt safer, I didn't feel like I needed to keep looking over my shoulder like I did on the ride there.