2 | COFFEE SHOP

YOU'RE NOT BEING VERY NICE.

[ 2.09 ]

THE FEELING FADED ALL TOO SOON. One moment, lips were caressing her neck with kisses so light that she could giggle, and the next, she was being pulled from such a perfect dream. Lottie kept her eyes closed for a moment longer, sinking deeper into the pink pillows while trying to remember the feeling of strong hands on her skin that she'd never actually felt.

It was only a dream.

She could only ever dream about more with them, a fact that always saddened Lottie each morning when she woke. But at least when she opened her eyes, she could almost always count on one or both of them being there to raise her spirits with their presence alone.

Lottie's tired eyes fell on Finn, who was sitting on her windowsill and staring out at the view of the large forest that she could paint from memory at this point. And she could paint Finn as well, just as he was with the morning sun casting a golden glow on his tan skin and a content look on his face.

Sometimes she wondered what he'd look like with a more modern look — shorter hair like Kol that was styled off his forehead and dressed in something to match. But then again, she'd never want it too short that she wouldn't finally get to learn how it feels to run her fingers through.

"I see a prince has climbed into my tower," Lottie spoke up with a sleepy smile. She'd called him a prince ever since meeting him in his ancient outfit when she was fourteen.

Finn looked at her with a smile only ever reserved for her while getting off the windowsill. "I hope the princess slept well and only had good dreams."

"The best — ones of you," she told him, looking up as he stood above her. "You were warm."

The back of Finn's knuckles grazed right through Lottie's cheek in as much of a gesture as he could manage.

"You will be warm," Lottie said, a soft sort of determination in her eyes that made him adore her all the more. Then she took the time to sit up, letting her floral quit fall to her lap. "Now, I see my prince, but where is my—"

"Nuisance, fool, court jester, scoundrel—"

Lottie giggled at Finn's taunting nicknames for Kol while shaking her head. "Let's settle for my troublemaker," she said, shaking her head. "Is Kol out stalking the locals again?"

"He's stalking our brother," Finn informed her. "Elijah is in town with two witches. It doesn't seem that our other brother is with him as of yet, but it's better to keep an eye on things. And you know Kol—"

"Any time witches are involved, he's involved," she said knowingly. Even if Bonnie Bennett didn't know it, Kol had monitored a lot of her magical training process. Even the smallest of spells kept him entertained since losing his magic once becoming a vampire. "Finn, if you'd like to go watch Elijah, please don't feel you need to stay with me all day. He's your brother, and you know I've got a lot of boring things to sort through with the Historical Society's tea party coming up, plus I have to go by the post office and drop off a letter for Lenzo."