7 | SIR WAGGINGTON

NIK'S ANGRY AT ME?

[ 3.05 ]

LOTTIE'S SUMMER WAS MEASURED BY THE LITTLE THINGS. Summer conditioning for her cheerleaders. A lot of dinners at the Gilbert house because Jenna didn't like Lottie spending a summer alone in the Lancaster estate. Letters from Enzo where he talked about the little coastal town in North Carolina he was residing in. And phone calls — a lot of phone calls — from Klaus.

"Klaus, we just spoke two days ago. You can't miss me that much," Lottie said with a giggle as soon as she answered the call. "Have you even made it out of Virginia?"

"I'll have you know we're in Alabama," Klaus informed her. "Stefan hates it so far."

"Because it's Alabama," Lottie heard the Salvatore grumble. Klaus had already compelled the vampire to never say a word about any contact he made with Lottie in the future.

"Alabama's not so bad. Mason Lockwood and I went to a space camp there when I was seven," she informed the boys. Lottie wanted to try the camp just because Mason went each summer. That was the only year she went, as Mason outgrew the camp, and Lottie didn't want to be that far from home on her own. "You should definitely tour the Space and Rocket Center."

"This isn't exactly a sightseeing trip, Lottie," Klaus said, clearly amused.

"Well, it would be if I was there."

☽︎

"You're absolutely ridiculous."

"Hello to you, too, love," Klaus greeted.

"When I said I wanted to know what you looked like in wolf form, I thought maybe you could send me a drawing or a picture," Lottie said into her phone. "Not a 3D model."

A ridiculously large box had been delivered to her home. Lottie couldn't believe it as she unboxed a huge — likely life-sized — stuffed wolf toy.

"Well, I figured your mountain of stuffed animals could use an alpha to lead them," Klaus joked. Truthfully, he spotted the stuffed animal in a toy store window and couldn't help but buy it, which earned many a joke from Stefan.

"Klaus, I love stuffed animals, but this is huge. What am I supposed to do with him?" she asked as if she didn't have a huge home with plenty of storage.

"Cuddle him at night while thinking fond thoughts of me."

That comment had Kol gagging in disgust. God, he couldn't wait to make fun of his brother — as if Kol didn't say equally as sappy things when it was just he and Lottie alone.

"Well, if I'm to keep him, he needs a name," Lottie said, reaching to squeeze the soft toy. "It's a very important decision."

"It must be something strong and commanding," Klaus said, most likely puffing his chest out as he referred to himself. "A name of a warrior—"