8 | MIKAEL

OH, GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE I TOOK THIS AWAY FROM YOU. YOU'VE BEEN WAITING A THOUSAND YEARS TO KILL HIM.

 YOU'VE BEEN WAITING A THOUSAND YEARS TO KILL HIM

[ 3.09 ]

THINGS HAD GOTTEN TENSE after Klaus left Mystic Falls for the second time. Rebekah was running around and doing everything possible to get on everyone's nerves — Caroline yelled at Lottie for an hour after she let her on the cheerleading squad.

"Okay, but Dana is dead, so we need to fill the opening," Lottie had told her, sighing heavily. There was no way she could please everyone. But the others were starting to pick up on the fact that Lottie would take Rebekah's side more often than not. The girl was her new roommate, after all.

It didn't stop with Rebekah fitting into their lives. The night at the high school, Klaus had compelled Stefan to turn his humanity off, making him kind of a dick. They discovered that a sire bond was created between Tyler and Klaus, meaning the new hybrid would do anything he asked of him. A spell went wrong and the ghosts of all the dead supernatural creatures in town became visible. That led to Mason Lockwood — after torturing Damon a bit — showing them a set of tunnels that ran under the Lockwood property.

Finn and Kol knew the tunnels.

What they didn't know about were the drawings that marked a thousand-year-old story. The story of how Klaus killed their mother. Kol took the news the easiest, as he didn't much care for their mother. But Finn went on a rampage, wishing more than anything that he could hit things — mainly Klaus. And Elena revealed this information to Rebekah too, who broke down sobbing in Lottie's living room over the information.

And the icing on top of the horribly messed up cake? Mikael, who'd been magically desiccated in some crypt in North Carolina, was now awake and apparently in Mystic Falls.

Kol came from spying at the Boarding House looking genuinely worried. He told them about how Stefan called Klaus and convinced him that Mikael was daggered so that they could lure him to town and kill him with the white oak stake that Mikael had. Rebekah was even in on the lie, letting her momentary anger get the best of her.

"Lottie, you need to leave town," Finn told her, looking around her bedroom and spotting necessities. "I don't want you anywhere near Mikael. If he gets even a hint of what you mean to Klaus, he'll—"

"I'm not leaving, Finn," Lottie said, shaking her head. She grabbed her phone and began dialing Klaus' number. "They don't know that I know. I can warn him."

Except, Lottie couldn't warn Klaus because he didn't answer her call. It made her groan in frustration and throw the phone on her bed. "What's so important that you can't pick up and let me save your life?" she shouted at the phone.

"Plotting the murder of our last living parent," Kol said casually. Then he moved to Lottie's side. "With our father now in play, Klaus will not risk making contact with you unless he's close enough to protect you. He's doing the right thing."