6 | BROKEN CURSE

HERE I WAS HOPING FOR A DRAMATIC REVEAL.

[ 2.20 — 2.22 ]

"ELIJAH WON'T BE HAPPY IF HE LEARNS YOU LEFT THE HOUSE," Finn said in a partially reprimanding tone.

"Lijah is far too busy to ever find out," Lottie informed him.

The dreaded day of the sacrifice finally arrived in Mystic Falls. For the most part, Lottie did as Elijah asked and stuck to her home where he was the only vampire invited in. But she was getting stir-crazy and went out for a walk in town, hoping that Elijah would remain at the Salvatore Boarding house where he could monitor everything that happened leading up to the sacrifice. Kol was off and keeping a careful eye on Klaus' witches while trying to find out where the others being used in the sacrifice were kept.

Now, Lottie was sitting on a bench in the center of town, her sketchbook resting on her lap as she carefully colored in the sketch of Finn that she was working on. Her muse was standing across from her, less than pleased about her being out in the open. It wasn't that he thought Klaus would harm her, he just didn't like her going against Elijah's attempts to keep her safe.

"I love your eyes," Lottie told Finn, looking up at him with a soft smile. Unlike Kol and Elijah, whose eyes were a deep brown, Finn's were blue — in the sunlight, she thought she could pick up on flecks of green as well. After giving the compliment that made Finn smile, she went back to shading in the eyes of the sketch with the beautiful color.

"Flattery will not distract me," Finn said, smirking as he crossed his arms.

Lottie's eyes followed the movement, taking in how the dark shirt he always wore tightened around his biceps. "I'm not distracting. You're just very pretty, Finn Mikaelson. You should be told as such."

"Well, thank you, ástin mín," he said, now grinning. "Your own beauty is unmatched."

"Flattery will not get me to go home," she said teasingly. Yes, it would, in actuality. "What if I stay for thirty more minutes? It's just such a nice day, and you look wonderful in this sunlight."

Finn caved and let Lottie go back to her drawing. He watched with a fond expression as she moved on from his eyes to his hair, swapping to a warm brown color. Lottie hummed under her breath as she focused, and he knew she'd be content like that for hours if he let her go uninterrupted.

Lottie didn't get an entire half-hour uninterrupted, though.

"Turn to a different drawing, Lottie. Now," Finn instructed sharply. He saw a very familiar face step out of the Grill, having just finished tormenting Damon and Alaric. And either the soulmate bond or her scent would alert the soon-to-be hybrid to her presence a hundred yards away. "Niklaus is here and in his body."

Lottie did her best not to whip her head around and search for the man. Instead, she slowly turned a few pages back in her sketchbook until she landed on a partially completed drawing meant for Enzo, which was of the giant fountain at the Lockwood mansion, which only needed coloring in.