꒦꒷‧ ₊˚ ━ 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝟷𝟻.

THE PAIR HAD FALLEN ASLEEP IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS, limbs entangled together to further close the proximity and preserve the warmth of their original embrace

tooru had forgotten how much he yearned for this feeling. to hold her in his arms again, flush against him for his emotions to fully reach her, without the trouble of his curse to twist his words.

it was.. nice. something he'd truly missed.

part of him wished he could have slept more, though being granted extra rest was wishful thinking. for his curse would never grant him that luxury.

however, having his love in his arms made things just a little more bearable. seeing her sleep so peaceful was enough reason to make him want to stay awake for even an eternity, if it meant holding her this closely to him.

a small smile formed on his lips at the thought, as he carded two fingers through her hair ever so gently, enjoying the softness. everything about her was just so comforting to him; the complete opposite of oikawa.

she was everything he was not. and that made him gravitate towards her even more.

pushing some of her hair back, he planted the softest kiss on her forehead, a mere brush of his lips against her skin before his eyes trailed to the clock.

unfortunately there was much that needed to be done in terms of paperwork for his empire, and much to go over. it was tiresome, to say the least, but his duty, nonetheless.

for even royalty still had much to do in order to hold onto their power.

the thought made him frown, as he didn't want to leave or wake her, even if she'd passed out during the ball not too long ago.. though more than likely, y/n needed the rest.

whatever she had endured to arrive where she was now — in his arms — it had to have been a lot to make such a precious moment possible.