꒦꒷‧ ₊˚ ━ 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙾𝟺.

THE HOODED GIRL WALKED WITH HER HEAD HANGING LOW, her basket pressing close to her as she shivered a bit

just as she'd predicted, the sun had set and now it was getting harder to see, but luckily she'd arrived just before things got wild out.

despite wearing so many layers, she was practically freezing. and without a doubt, the food within the basket cooled a long time ago.

it wasn't a waste, as she could just easily warm it up. but it was a bit meddlesome since she wanted it fresh and ready to eat.

with a strained and exhausted smile tugging at her lips, she knocked on the smoothed wooden door a few times. "grandpa mattsun, i brought you some food. may i come in?" she called, knocking once more, however no reply came in the end.

judging by how illuminated the inside looked through the curtains, he must've been home. maybe he was asleep? but no way would he leave all those lights on — in fact, she was sure that was the fireplace..

her grandfather may be old and forgetful, but he wouldn't leave the fire on like that.

sliding her hand down to the doorknob, curiosity overtook her as she checked to see if it was by any chance unlocked, to which..

it was.

panic surged through her at the thought of so many terrible conclusions that came in her head, her hand fiddling with the knob as she barged into the small cottage. she called out to her grandfather aimlessly as she closed the door shut, locking it right after for safety purposes.

"grandpa mattsun! it's me, y/n — your granddaughter," she called out, placing the basket on the counter as she decided to search the place for her short haired relative.

only then did she notice how different the atmosphere felt in there. it was his house but, it didn't feel like it was. it had a another vibe to it, one that was familiar, yet it couldn't be more foreign.