꒦꒷‧ ₊˚ ━ 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝟷𝟼.

"THE BOOK SHOULD BE DOWN THIS WAY," tooru spoke up, leading the girl beside him to the very end of the library

"THE BOOK SHOULD BE DOWN THIS WAY," tooru spoke up, leading the girl beside him to the very end of the library. his castle housed many frightening things, an army of soldiers that matched his grandeur. but there were hidden gems as well, such as an archive of every possible book to have ever existed.

when he arrived at the shelf where he'd once left the story he was looking for, he waved his fingers in front of him, as though initiating a spell.

y/n watched with curious eyes, noting the flow of magic from his finger tips.. only for the wisps to dissipate.

was that.. part of the sequence?

the brunet blinked at the disappearance of his power before copying his previous actions. it wasn't common for him to fumble such an easy and simplistic spell, but tried again, anyway.

and surprise, surprise.. failed again.

the female began to sweat, experiencing what most would call secondhand embarrassment, but she kept quiet. oikawa.. probably didn't need to be reminded of his not so successful attempt at whatever he was trying to do.

the demon's eyes traveled to the ladder a few shelves down, wanting to at least compensate for his lack of display, as he made another gesture with his hand. it would have to work, it had to.

and it did. the ladder appeared without any issues, no screw ups like before. so then, what was what was wrong with his powers?

oikawa escalated to the top, running his fingers over the titles of each book in the row before halting them to widen his eyes. no wonder the spell hadn't worked..

"it's.. empty." he thought to himself aloud, sliding his hand into the gap to test if it was cloaked by invisibility or another spell, but it wasn't.

"empty?" y/n repeated, trailing her eyes to his hands to find exactly that. an empty space, where a book once inhabited.. now gone. "did you get rid of it by any chance?" it couldn't have grown legs and run off.. then again, this world was filled with magic. maybe it did??