Chapter 5-Together

"They had my funeral? T-today?" Chrissy asked, surprised. "Open casket." Eddie mumbled, looking down. "But.." Chrissy started, confused. "Rubber body." He said, looking away. "O-oh." She was sitting crisscrossed on his bed across from him. He had his hair tied back, and was in a dark red Black Sabbath T-shirt on. He hadn't looked her in the eyes since she had came up to him. He looked down at the bed the whole time. "Did you- ever figure out who- or what... the thing that I saw was?" She asked, bringing her knees up to her chin. "Vecna. And- we tried to get rid of him but.. he um... he's back." He sighed, and massaged his eyes. "How do you know?" She asked, starting to get the chills. "I... saw him today." He muttered, just loud enough to hear, and turned his head away. She let out a little gasp, and put her fingers over her mouth. "Oh my- Eddie! Are you okay? A-are you hurt? I mean- what'd you see?" She rambled a bit. "I- sorry for that I just...know how you feel." She let out a small, sad chuckle. She leaned forward, looking down and recrossing her legs, not paying attention. They both looked up, and immediately they both jumped back. "Oh! I'm sorry- I... I didn't mean to get that close..." she said quietly. Her cheeks were red, and she seemed flustered. Eddie stayed quite for a minute, before giving a small smile. "It's ok, princess." And that's when he finally realized. Chrissy was sitting in front of him. She was alive. And she was talking to him. "Hungry?" He asked, getting up. "Uh- n-not really I..." she stuttered, surprised from the sudden change in subject. "It's been 3 weeks, chriss. You need to eat." He said, grabbing her hand. She blushed as she pulled her along. He grabbed her an already made sandwich, and handed it to her. He gave her a bright smile as they sat down. He seemed to glow to her.

Somewhere finally felt like home.