☼ONE☽

"How does it feel to be back here mi amor?" Isabella asked, glancing over at her daughter in the passenger seat

Starlight.

It's been 5 years.

Starlight hasn't stepped foot in Cousins in 5 years.

"I don't know, it feels kind of weird." Starlight sighed looking out the car window as they drove down the street, the fresh smell of the ocean consuming her.

"I know... But this will be good for us. Creating new memories. This place has brought more good than bad."

Starlight would never say it out loud, but she was angry that her mom kept her away for so long. After the divorce it just took some time to find a new normal.

"She's just scared to see Conrad." Her brother Atlas butted in from the back seat. "Conrad Fisher is the last thing from my mind." Starlight scoffed. That was a lie.

Conrad Fisher had been her every thought for the past 5 years. Him and their promise. Starlight didn't take the news that she wasn't going to return to the beach house lightly.

Ever seen a 13 year old throw a tantrum. It isn't pretty. Conrad was her favorite person her only current stability at the time, and then they took him away from her. They took away that safe feeling. "Star-"

"My god, I don't want to talk about it. I didn't then and I don't now." "...Ok. Ok... What do you think about being a debutante this year?" "I don't know, those things are kind of stupid."

"They're not stupid they're magical. You could design your own dress and everything." Isabella smiled. "I'll think about it." "Star, I want this to be fun like it used to. I know things aren't the same because of C-"

"If one you says his name again I swear I will jump out of this car. You guys don't have to walk on eggshells around me. I'm happy to be here. Just the three of us. Ok." Starlight smiled trying to change the subject. She couldn't face the topic that was her childhood here at Cousins. Not yet at least.

"Look at that we're here." She spoke as they pulled up to their beach house. Hoping out of the car and rushing inside, nostalgia filled Starlight. Closing her eyes she let the memories sink in.

"It's been too long." "Starlight! Come get your stuff! I'm not carrying it in for you!" Atlas called out. "I'm coming!" Before she could step out the door her phone rang. "Hello?"

"Starrrrrr! A little birdie told me you were back in Cousins for the summer. By birdie I mean your brother. Still hasn't gotten over his crush I see." "Tatum! We just got to the house. When can I see you?" "Tonight gorgeous. There's a bonfire I'll pick you up at 8."

"See you then." Hanging up, Starlight stepped outside and grabbed her bags. "Mom, I'm hanging out with Tatum tonight." "Tatum, ouuu can I come?" Atlas smiled.