☼FIVE☽

I felt like shit and yet here I am practicing the deb dance for this even shity ball

"You look like your cat just died." Tatum sighed as she stepped up to me. We were supposed to be dancing with our escorts but neither of us had one.

Tatum is picky when it comes to dates and I haven't been in the mood. Belly was also dancing with Nicole. "You know he didn't mean it."

"Doesn't make it hurt any less." I was snipper than usual, but Tatum doesn't hold it against me. She knows what he means to me. "I know. I just want you to hear it. Even if it's not from him." "Thanks..."

☼☽

"Wanna head back?" Conrad asked Cleveland as they were out on the water on his boat

"Wanna head back?" Conrad asked Cleveland as they were out on the water on his boat. "Not until you tell me about your mystery girl." And just the sober thought of Starlight's made him smile. "And there it is again."

"She... uh, she was the first girl I ever fell in love with. She was also the first and only girl that broke my heart. She was by best friend, I don't know when things change and I saw her as more. Although I always knew she would never just be a friend. We fell in love but then she stopped coming to Cousins and we just fell off from there. This morning I found a picture frame she made me, and the look on our faces in the picture. We were so happy. And now I cannot stop thinking about all the good before everything went bad... And with all the shit going on I really need her..."

"But?"

"She's back now and I said some pretty shity stuff when she asked me to talk. I really fucked up. It's been five years and instead of hugging her and telling her how much I missed her I made her cry." "Do you still love her?"

"Don't think I even stopped." Conrad answers with no hesitation. "Do you want to fix it?" "Then it's gonna take some hard work and flowers and a hell of a lot of promises." "Promise... yeah..."

☼☽

"Starlight, hey

"Starlight, hey." Jeremiah spoke as I was walking by the pool to leave. "Hey." I respond confused as I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I know we haven't officially soberly met. I'm Jeremiah C-" "Conrad's brother. I know who you are, Jeremiah." "And I've spent my whole life thinking you didn't exist."

"Think he could make all this up?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as his eyes raked my body. "Look I would love to sit and talk-" "So are you and Conrad getting back together?"

"What?" "I'm curious." He spoke defensively. I see right through you golden boy. "You're a shit liar. What's up?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Belly's only ever seen Conrad. And because of that she's only ever seen me as a friend. And stories don't lie. Maybe if she saw how obsessed with you he is, then maybe she'll finally drop her thing for him."

"...I wish I could help... but he does want to talk to me. And for what it's worth. You shouldn't have to settle for being a second option for someone who's blind. But if you don't want to listen to that. Stop waiting for the right time and just tell her. See you around Jeremiah." I smile at him before walking away.