☼TWO☽

My head was literally pounding

My head was literally pounding. "Starlight." My mom squealed as she bursted into my room. "Shhhh. No screaming." I groan, pulling a pillow over my head. "Sorry, but you're going to be a debutante." "But I told you i'd think about it." I mutter from under the pillow.

"We'll there was a deadline so I said yes for you. Tatum's grandma is making her do it as well so at least you won't be alone." "Yay." I speak sarcastically. "Great. Let me see dress ideas when you start drawing them up."

"Will do." I say as I hear her footsteps exit my room. "Also there's a deb tea in 2 hours, so getting up and showering is in your best interest."

I groan again as I hear her voice call from down the hall. At least Tatum will be there to suffer with me.

Tatum. I gasp to myself as I jump up.

Tatum noooo.

What did you do.

I think to myself as memories from last night come back to me. Fuck me. If she wasn't my best friend I'd hate her pushieness. Ughhh.

☼☽

"I can't believe you did that to me last night." "I'm sorry but it had to happen, Star. Even drunk me knows that I want what's best for you. And that's him." "You don't know that Tay. 5 years is a long time. Things change. People change."

"You can't just ignore each other forever. When you told me about him, I was mind blown. Because love like that is rare. And here I am waiting for my Conrad to come along, when your letting yours slip right through your hands. Love like that doesn't just disappear."

Fuck she gives good pep talks.

But that's not how I wanted us seeing each other for the first time again to go, there's a lot that needs to be said. We were at the country club for the tea party with all the other debutantes.

But the room grew silent as a girl standing beside a shirtless boy stepped in. He looked like a lifeguard. "That's Belly and Jeremiah. As in Conrad's Belly and Jeremiah."

"Could this day get any worse." I sigh. "I'm pretty sure she knows who you are." "Oh my god she's coming over here." I gasped.

"Hi." She smile awkwardly as she say down. Everyone just smiles at her before turning back to their conversation. Well everyone but Shayla. She's very welcoming. "Kill me now." I mummer.

☼☽

"So

"So...I just thought you should know..." Susannah spoke to her oldest son as they sat out on the dock, she was painting him. "Starlight... She's back. She was on the roster to be a debutante."

"Mom, can we not do this? Not talk about her." "So you knew. Come on, you used to talk to me about her all the time before." "That was before she left." "

But she's back now. And she used to make you so happy. And I want to see you like that again." "Mom please...I can't talk about her... not right now..." Seeing how much the topic upset her son she dropped it. "...Ok..."

☼☽

"So what's it like to live with Jeremiah and Conrad? Conrad is so mysterious

"So what's it like to live with Jeremiah and Conrad? Conrad is so mysterious." That question sparked my interest in the conversation, as everyone at the table was now looking at Belly.

"...y- ...I mean-..." Belly was cut off by the hostess calling for our attention. Apparently Nicole and Conrad have a thing going on, it must be new because Tatum didn't even know about and, and Tatum knows everything.

As the lady went on about how great and special being a debutante is Shayla passed around a flask. Don't mind if I do. Out of nowhere Belly jumped up and stepped out of the room.

"Nicole, So how new is this thing between you and Conrad? I mean it must be if I haven't heard about the two of you." Tatum teases.

"Yeah, it's new. But he's sweet in his own ways." Oh Barf. "How cute." Tatum responded so sarcastically, but Nicole couldn't tell the difference.

I mean I have a right to be jealous, i'm not jealous but if I were I'd have a right to be. She'll never have what we had. And she definitely doesn't compare to me.